Is This A Scam??

A great place to "stay tuned" - Forum for reference only, closed due to spam.

Moderator: Moderator

cdn_cowgirl85

Is This A Scam??

Postby cdn_cowgirl85 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:14 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the getting back to me. I have a client in Hawaii who we make out the payment to you on my behalf...

He will make out a Cashier's Check in a USA Bank and send to you. The amount on the Cashier's Check will be $6,500 ,that will cover the shipping and you will deduct your money which is $2,900 Therefore, when you receive the Cashier's Check you will take it to your bank and cash it, you will deduct your money and assist me in sending the balance of the money to my Shipping company that will pick-up and ship it to me. I want you to email me the following information's below:

1. The full name on the Cashier's Check
2. Mailing Address to send the Cashier's Check to
3.. Contact phone number

So that the check can be written out in your name and mail to your address.Get
back to me asap. PS:I will want you to kindly put SOLD on the
advert from the placing site OK, or any interested buyer that mail
you,just let them know that it has been sold
OK ,so for doing that i will be willing to compensate you with $200 ,so your total deduction will be $2,900 Hope this is clear to you.
Regards,
Benson Clark

This is an email i got. Should i responde back to him?? I'm assuming this is a scam, ive never had this happen to me but have heard other people talking about it.

thanks Jen
You are a great champion When you ran the ground shook The sky opened and mere mortals parted Parted the way to victory Where you will meet me in the winners circle Where I will lay a blanket of flowers on your back.
Cal Crane (Dreamer)

admin
Site Admin

Re: Is This A Scam??

Postby admin » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:20 pm

Yup.

What they'll do is send a phony Cashiers check and in the meantime you've send money to their shipper. Your bank tells you he cashier check was phony a week later and you are out the money.

This email you got is pretty detailed and elaborate compared to some I've seen. You can either not reply or reply and let him have it. :twisted:
What happens is not as important as how you react to what happens. -Thaddeus Golas

cdn_cowgirl85

Postby cdn_cowgirl85 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:23 pm

Thank you very much!! This makes me so mad!! :evil:
You are a great champion When you ran the ground shook The sky opened and mere mortals parted Parted the way to victory Where you will meet me in the winners circle Where I will lay a blanket of flowers on your back.

Cal Crane (Dreamer)

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:29 pm

I got this one - he must be going through the ads and contacting everyone......

Am Benson Clark ..I just want to know if your {Truck}is still for sale..Kindly get back to me with this details below if still available for sale such as :-

1.Present Condition.
2.Least selling price
3.Recent Picture

Looking forward to hear back from you so we can proceed further.

Regards,
Benson Clark
What happens is not as important as how you react to what happens. -Thaddeus Golas

cdn_cowgirl85

Postby cdn_cowgirl85 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:38 pm

Yes thats the first one I got To i stupidly reply

Cal Crane (Dreamer)

Spirit

Postby Spirit » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:51 pm

I got the benson clark one too.

wish there was a way to stop these people
"The will to win was born and bred in them all. But some cared more than others: It was those with the implecable impulse to lead a wild herd who fought hardest and oftenest won" Dick Francis

LT

Postby LT » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:14 pm

Hi Girls,

This is a scam. I saw a Marketplace show on these scams. The the deal is the bank has to send the check back to the place of orgin (my post) in order to find out if it is good or not. Depending on how far away the place of orgin is it could take months. Marketplace interviewed a Royal Bank head office manager and he said that you you can be liable for a bad check, etc for up to 6 years.

I too got one of these phony scams.
I just e-mailed him back and told him that the truck was sold but I had some ocean front property in Alberta I would sell him.
lol

Later and have a great day,
Thanks,

LT

kimberly

Postby kimberly » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:07 pm

I just got a scam e-mail yesterday for my horses too. They are such a pain in the butt that's for sure.
Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyways - John Wayne

I will not ask anything of my horse unless I'm pretty sure I can get it.. - John Lyons

barrelgal73

Postby barrelgal73 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:20 pm

I got this one today on my ad from this site. You really have to watch for these. They all pretty much sound the same too. Very annoying :twisted: :twisted:

admin wrote:I got this one - he must be going through the ads and contacting everyone......

Am Benson Clark ..I just want to know if your {Truck}is still for sale..Kindly get back to me with this details below if still available for sale such as :-

1.Present Condition.
2.Least selling price
3.Recent Picture

Looking forward to hear back from you so we can proceed further.

Regards,
Benson Clark
If the rider's heart is in the right place, his seat will be independent of his hands. - Piero Santini

kimberly

Postby kimberly » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:25 pm

I had the same e-mail, the name and everything. They seem so fake once you know it's a scam you can't miss it again.
Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyways - John Wayne

I will not ask anything of my horse unless I'm pretty sure I can get it.. - John Lyons

sandy54

Postby sandy54 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:15 am

These are ALL scams - I get 10 day and hotmail sends them to junk - I go to junk first thing and delete them all - DON'T even open them! The odd one gets through to inbox. IGNORE and DELETE all of them - a few hundred thousand (can't really remember the numbers but lots) Canadians get ripped off every year!

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:34 pm

Here's a pretty lame one....(and a prime example)

Dear Sir,
The Shaattar Enterprises L.L.C, (Dubai) U.A.E We are in interested in purchasing of this horse you advertised for sale, vehemently l will like you to get back to me with the following details at your earliest convenience

( 13yo barrel/ pole gelding , 9yr old Palomino 16.2hh Gelding, RODEO READY 1D HORSE )

1) if the item is still available for sale.
2) Your final sale price for this 3 horse .

Kindly email us with more details with the specs: Note.... send us your full contact detials, so that we can be able to reach with you. We will also want to know your method of payment. Thanking you for your maximum co-operation.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards
Mr,Shaattar
Managing Director
Shaattar Enterprises
plot 114 sharger road
Dubai U A E
Tel:00971557324634

lanners

Postby lanners » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:43 pm

I got this today in response to an email I sent about a trailer. It sounded WAY too good to be true, so I emailed just to see how the seller would responde. I was pretty sure it was a scam....and so it is!
Hello,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing my horse trailer. The horse trailer is in perfect condition - like new! If you decide to buy it, you'll receive all the papers, owner manual, keys, a buy-sell contract already signed by me and the clear title. I have a low price because I want to sell the trailer very quickly. My husband died 3 months ago and I along with my daughter decided to sell the house and we moved to my sister in United States.
For this transaction I want to use ebay because I want to provide you a fast and very secure way. They will handle the transaction for me. You will make the payment to ebay and they will hold the money until you receive and inspect the trailer. ONLY AFTER you receive the trailer and you inspect it (you have 5 days for inspection) ebay will release the payment to me. The inspection time period will begin as soon as you receive the trailer at your address. Meanwhile eBay will hold the money into a trust account. So, this is not a blind transaction, you can see the trailer before you decide to buy it. This way we are both protected : i will know that i have a serious buyer who has the money to pay me and you will be able to see and inspect the trailer before buying it .The final price is $ 8,000 with shipping costs and insurance included. You must send a deposit ( $ 4,000 ) before you get the horse trailer and the remaining balance after you will receive it.
If you are really interested in purchasing the trailer please send me your full name, shipping address and your phone number. Ebay will give you all the details regarding the shipping and payment.

I will appreciate an answer as soon as possible. More photos available.

Regards!

Donna

denali

Postby denali » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:31 am

This is sad but true that there are idiots out there like this.
I have had 2 scams tried on me in the past couple years. The first one was a guy in the UK was interested in a 24yr old arabian mare I had for sale and the second was the same e-mail regarding the horse trailer in the previous message. I though the trailer one was legit. but it wasn't so now I don't sell anything unless the person comes and looks at the item I have for sale or I have a good feeling about the person. If you get that vibe that something isn't right just follow it and listen to your gut.
horses are better painted

candy

Postby candy » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:15 am

I put my horse in rodeoclassifieds on the 17th.... this is what I got;

"Thanks for your prompt response. I have a ranch in United Kingdom and wants to take this Horse to the ranch.
My representative in Canada will overnight the payment for the Horse to you.

Please let me know your final asking price. Let me know the age of this Horse. I will also like to know the present health status of this horse.Do you have pictures? Let me know the present location of this horse. Upon receipt of your mail, Arrangements will be made to effect payment and pick up.

For further details you can contact me directly +44 70457 46089.

Talk to you soon as i wait to hear from you upon receipt of this mail.

My regard

Hillary "

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”