Is This A Scam??

A great place to "stay tuned" - Forum for reference only, closed due to spam.

Moderator: Moderator

Toni

Re: Is This A Scam??

Postby Toni » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:55 pm

Got one on a yrling filly I have for sale. The guys name is David Woodruff. Wants it for a family pet or will be used for dressage!!!! I really wish these people knew how to spell. You can pretty much spot them on that alone, oh ya, and the fact that they always want to pay with a cashiers check. Oh well they are definitly good for a laugh.

lanners

Postby lanners » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:54 am

Sounds like another one, right?

Hello,
You are e-mailing me about my 2004 Sundowner Sunlite 727 Horse Trailer i have for sale
This trailer is fully equipped with :
This is a late (made in April) 2004 Sundowner Sunlite 727 aluminum horse trailer.
This is a very nice, living quarters, gooseneck, three horse slant aluminum horse trailer.
All details and specs are available on the Sundowner site as this is still a
current model: http://www.sundownertrailer.com/trailer ... unLite_727
Total length is 30’. Also here are photos of this trailer : http://www.flickr.com/photos/42343180@N07/
It is in excellent condition inside and out as looks very lightly used.
The LQ area has a bed in the nose, Dometic Fridge, Duo-Thern rooftop A/C, Sharp Carousel microwave, stereo CD player,
and a separate bathroom and shower. It has real wood throughout with a whitewash finish.
The horse area has rubber floor mats and interior lights with a rear tack room. A very, very nice,
high quality LQ horse trailer.
Tires- The tires are 235 85 16’s. The tires have very good tread left.
We are selling this because the crisis hit us hard in the budget and can't really afford to own such a luxury.
The trailer is curently located in Whitehorse Yukon.
My final price is 12.000$
It has a clear title no loans on it.
If you wish to visit this trailer and have it tested let me know in your next e-mail, i can also arrange it to be shipped to your location.
NOTE! This is not a scam , i'm not going to ask you to use western union or money gram as a payment method. I accept cash or if you want it
to be shipped at your location we will use a third party company that will handle payment and delivery.
In order to have it shipped i will need your full name and shipping address.
I listed this trailer on several states .
Thank you for your time
Best regards

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:24 pm

There seems to be a "Beth Boyd" thepsalmiststud@hotmail.com contacting some folks now. Just a "heads up".
What happens is not as important as how you react to what happens. -Thaddeus Golas

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:35 pm

Another heads up - have had this report:

Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 18:47:55 -0600
Listing these comments concern:
http://www.rodeoclassifieds.com/index.php?a=2&b=ad#

contact name:Bryan
contact phone: (123) 456-7890

Below is an inquiry about your listing.

I am interested in the ad you place for sale,please i will like to know if you still have it for sale..
Waiting for your response...

Interestingly I googled the odd phone number and found this link: http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/1234567890
Don't bother picking up the call is the bottom line

If you get an email such as this, just don't reply at all.
What happens is not as important as how you react to what happens. -Thaddeus Golas

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am

Had a couple folks report this person this morning. I suspect it is a scam:

Hello,
I came across your ad and I'll like to know the
following questions regarding the ad.
Q#1. How long have you owned it?
Q#2. a) Have you owned it from new? b) If not how
many previous owner?
Q#3. Why are you selling it?
Q#4. In your opinion, what sort of condition is it?
Q#5. Any available photo?
Q#6. How much are you asking for it?
Q#7. Do you accept a Cashier Check as a mode of payment.
Q#8. you have to email me directly to my private box cos i don't use to check on face sometime so here is my private email box(jamterry55@gmail.com)

I'll like to have the response to these question in
your earliest conveniency. Hope to hear from you
soon.

If you get this email, just ignore, delete, don't bother replying.

naturaltouchtherapy

Postby naturaltouchtherapy » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:02 pm

I would like to say DO NOT ignore these emails! I work at a newspaper and we get these all the time. Print them off and send them into your local RCMP detachment. They have a special force working on this exact thing. They are trying to track these people and put them to justice. I had to go in and make a statement and they told me to forward anything that we get so they can send them on to the task force.
They are all the same. Their English skills are horrible. They are mostly wanting the email addresses so they can track these things and maybe engage them in a conversation back and forth.
If we don't do our part, these SOB's will never stop. :naughty:
When was the last time you did something for the first time?

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:59 am

Here is another - a little more obvious! (especially when he/she is replying to a trailer for sale ad :evil: )

Sir/Madam,

Happy New Year.

I saw your Horse for sale including the picture placed on internet and i am delighted to tell you that i am interested to buy.

Therefore, kindly tell me the last price you will sell and am ready to send you reasonable non refundable earnest payment in order to secure the property from other buyers.

Looking forward to hearing from you soonest with this email address:

westali98@gmail.com

Thanks.

Mufeed West

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue May 25, 2010 9:46 am

Here's another recent example:
contact name:David Vincent
contact phone: 818-987-0987

Good Morning, Am a reputable businessman based in Los Angeles California, (USA). I went through your Ad on online and I noticed that you have the above listed Horse for sale. I will like to confirm if its still available and if your answer is YES.. I will also like to know the final asking price, the present condition of the Horse and your desired mode of payment (Bank Check or Money Order) as am Interested in purchasing it.

I await your response.

Thanks and God Bless

David Vincent.

2nd reply after seller replied with price:
Thanks for your response, It shows your effectiveness and am going to be satisfied if we make this a deal. Am so much Interested in buying the horse as advertised. I have seen the pictures and the description match the exact Horse am looking for. I will be glad if you can help me in securing this horse , To start with ....I won't be able to come and check it out in person. So I will need more pictures and state clear the present health condition of the Horse.

In your response kindly send me the sales agreement duly signed and certified along with the full name and address where you want the payment to be transferred to. Upon the receipt of the info. I will contact my official bank and they will issue and Mail the payment out to you in form of bank check which will be exchangeable for cash at your local bank. In addition , you will be receiving excess funds from payment that will cover both the price of the horse and the shipment.
I have made an arrangement with a shipping company and they will be coming down to your location as soon as you confirms the payment and wire the balance to them for the shipping charges. As am eager and Interested in purchasing the horse. I awaits your response.

Thanks and God Bless.
David.

rope-2-win

Postby rope-2-win » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:59 pm

I actually got one that someone put a little effort into when I was renting out a room. One thing that made it clear that is was a scam what when I asked for personal contact information and rental references that I could call. And also she attached her "Study approval letter" which was very fake!

Good Morning ,

How are you doing today? i hope you are doing pretty good well, My name is Mary Stewart and I am 28years old from Great Britain.I saw your advert online and i am interested in your room /apartment for rent. I was born in greater Britain, and I will be having my Study leave as a student doctor coming up soon in canada.Right now I am in Wales for a program on children with heart related probes. My next programmers will be in canada and I will be needing a room to stay for this program and the most important thing is that i need to secure a room before my arrival to Canada.Pls do get back to me with the room description,move in rent fees for the first month and any deposit if included .Kindly let me know the duration of the rent( How long do you want to rent the room/apartment out ).Am planing to be in canada as soon as possible, i don't drink nor smoke,no pets and no boyfriend because i am a very busy lady only dedicated to my work.

Please kindly get back to me with move in rent fee for the first month and i will appreciate it if you can furnish me with the room specification and pictures.

Thanks and do hope to hear from you soonest.
Regards
Mary Stewart.

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me.I'm okay with the description of the room,and the rent fee.I'm will soon be through with my program here in wales and will be having my studies leave in canada as i told you.I will still be getting paid for my leave as allowances and compensating salary ,so paying my rents on time won't be an issue of discussion. It's really great to keep contact close with you in respect of the room. I have informed my boss about this and he promised to make sure that I will meet up with the payment arrangement so that i can depart from here as scheduled.He also said I will have the advantage to make payment for deposit.I should arrive to canada when ever date we agree on,if everything worked out fine as planned,so pls keep the room for me till my arrival as soon as possible. (1) I would like to know maybe there are shopping mall,Churches,bus line, rail way lines that is very close to your neighborhood (2) I would like to know the total cost for the initial move such as the first moth, last month, utilities and if you also accept deposit for the place (3) I would like to know if there is any garage or parking space cos I will have my own car come over. (4)I would like to have more description of the room, size and the equipments in there. (5) I would also like to know Your payment mode because i would prefer to pay with a Certified Check (6)I would like to know if I can make an advance payment ahead of my arrival that will stand as a kind of commitment that I am truly coming over and for you to hold the room down for me. I will be very glad to have all this questions answered in your next email. My mode of payment will be in Canada Certified cashier check.so pls let me know if this mode of payment is ok by you, and if YES pls provide me with the following information to get the payment to you. (1)Your full name as it will appear on the cashier check. (2)your work or home address to ensure delivery in your hands through regular mails or a courier service. (3)your phone number to keep contact close and avoid package missing in transit.Please take the room advert off internet for a secure deal as am extremely interested in renting from you.Do you have a hotmail or yahoo account we can simply chat on ?

My regards to your Lovely family.hope to read back from you.
Mary.

Hello

Thanks very much for the information provided,i have forwarded your information to my sponsor company and i will provide you all the shipping information as soon as the check has been issued and sent out to you.

I will want you to know that my sponsor company will be issuing you a check of $4000 which includes the payment of all my expenses such as traveling expenses and so on....so i urge you to deduct the cost of the room for the first and last month and all other necessary expenses and help me to forward the remaining balance to the traveling agency in United Kingdom through western union money transfer for them to be able to process my traveling plans to Canada.You'll have to deduct the transfer fee from the remaining balance also.

Ashley i know all these may look very complicated for you but i urge you to do this for me from the debts of your heart.You may deduct $200 for your personal self from the check for the stress i may put you through on this.

I have attached a copy of my study leave approved letter from my company with this email.I hope it will be safe with you. You can find all the information you requested in it also.

Thanks very much

i will be waiting for you positive response on this.Thanks and God bless.

Mary.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:17 pm

Here is a new example of someone contacting our sellers. I did not include the email address here but it is .uk address:
Hi seller,

How are you doing?just came across this horse and i really like it.I would like to buy this horse for that price ($3,000 CAD).
Can you please tell me more about this horse?And please let me know if you accept paypal as a method of payment for the horse and pick up will be arranged after payment is been made.
Hope to hear from you soon

Thanks
James

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:38 pm

Here's the latest

Hello,
How was your day,hope great?I'm Stephanie shingleton .I saw your posted at .(.rodeoclassifieds.com) , And am so much interested in purchasing it, So i will really appreciate if you can get back to me with the condition,location and your final asking price for it. Am awaiting your quick response so that we could proceed further and i really appreciate hearing back from you,I'm okay with the price and the condition.I resides at 8411 Lexington Place#10 Pleasant Settle Washington,But i will be leaving my home town state tomorrow to another home town state in Sacramento California for a speculative purpose with my company board of directors,but never the less As per the payment i will have to instruct my Wife to send out a Bank Certified Check to you,via ups courier service which will take only 1-2 days to get to you. course this is the only means of payment I can offer you now due to my present departing schedule off home, besides you don't need ! to worry about the shipping,I've my reputable shipping company that will be handling the pickup for me and they'll be coming over to your house for the pickup as soon as the deal is up.You can as well reach me on 206-666-2974, drop me a message if i dont pickup i will get back to you,Kindly count it sold to me already and dont receive any other offer regarding the sale.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:14 am

Here's another scam example

> To:
>
> Good Day,
>
>
> Thanks to your prompt response and I will love to make an instant
> purchase,so please do withdraw the advert,I don't mind adding an
> extra $20 for you to take the advert down so that I can be rest
> assured that am in hand of the item.I also want you to know i will be
> making payment via check due to the nature of my job that is time
>
> consuming leaving me with little or no time, and it will be over night
> payment due to the distance. You don't need to bother your self with
> the shipment as i will take care of that.At the moment i will need you
> to provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing
> of the check.
>
> 1.Your full name
> 2.Your mailing address be it residential or postal address
> 3.Your phone number.
>
> Once again, I will like you to know that you will not be responsible
> for shipping.I will have my mover come over as soon as you have cashed
> the check to pick up the item.
>
> I await your reply

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:57 am

Here is one of the latest scammers "MR JERRY"

Subject: About your ad...
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 11:13:36 -0500

Hello ,

Listing these comments concern:
http://www.rodeoclassifieds.com/index.php?a=2&b=

contact name:Mr Jerry

Hello how are u doing today ,

I am Jerry William i am from in 44 Amanda Avenue, Whitby, ON L1M 1K3, Ontario , Both presently now in United State for business u can locate me at 224 Silver Creek Trail. Chapel Hill, North
Carolina 27514 i was going through a nice Truck and Trailer to buy when i came
across your advert profile on www.rodeoclassifieds.com,i will like to know
some few things about your posted advert Truck and Trailer on www.rodeoclassifieds.com, if it
is real here below :

Are u the real Owner :

Present Condition :

Final asking price :

I will like to read back from you as soon as u get this message ...

Best Regard
Mr Jerry

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:39 pm

Here is another example

> Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 06:48:04 -0700
> Subject: Re: 1 finished head horse
> From: jordanzq02@gmail.com
> To:
>
> Thanks for the mail,i am buying this for my son as his birthday gift
> because i would not be around to celebrate with him i am a petroleum
> engineer currently on a rig offshore and due to the nature of my
> work,phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i
> squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding
> it. I really want this item to be a surprise gift for my son so i wont
> let him know anything about the item until it gets delivered to him,i
> am sure he will be more than happy with the item.I will make the
> payment through CITI BANK MONEY TRANSFER ONLINE,all you have to do is
> to send me any of your bank details account and your email address
> associated with your bank account so as to put the money through.i can
> also make the payment through paypal since my account is attach to
> it,pls if you don't have PayPal account yet,it is very easy to set up,
> go on www.paypal.com and get it set up ,after you have set it up i
> will only need the e-mail address you use for registration with PayPal
> so as to put the money through. choose any of the payment method and
> get back to me with there details so as to make the payment,what is
> the asking price?
>
> --
> Hi,do you still have your it for sale?

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:43 pm

WARNING - here is the latest scam ....

Sent: July 14, 2011 7:59 AM
To:
Subject: (your item)

Hello,
I want to purchase your (your item here) still for sale ? What is the final price and what is the condition? I would like to pay using PayPal,After payments has been made i will arrange for pick up of the (your item) as soon as possible.hope to read back from you soon

Regards

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”