Reining trainer Edmonton area

A great place to "stay tuned" - Forum for reference only, closed due to spam.

Moderator: Moderator

porky

Reining trainer Edmonton area

Postby porky » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:15 pm

Can anyone recommend a reining trainer in and around the Edmonton area? I am needing someone to get a good handle on a sensible colt. I would like someone who can get a lot accomplished in a short amount of time ( spinning, rollbacks, moving through the bit, neck reining) ....... Any suggestions and contact info would be greatly appreciated. Please Pm anyone who comes to mind.

Thanks in advance. 8o)

CM

Re: Reining trainer Edmonton area

Postby CM » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:23 pm

Terry Jarrett in Ponoka is excellent he started a three year old for us and we were very happy!!

Rachel Bergstrom

Postby Rachel Bergstrom » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:37 pm

I AGREE!! terry jerret is amazing! he has my 3 yr old right now. but there is a 2 month min. with him. in my opinion it is definitely worth it!

sleeper

Postby sleeper » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:19 pm

I Agree, Terry Jarrett does a great job! we have used him for the last 7 years and when we brought our 3 year olds home they were ready to be started on barrels. He gets them very bridle broke (light in the face and the reins mean something) as well as working off of legs. If he knows the horse is meant for barrels he will concentrate on areas that are going to be more beneficial (eg: loping a small circle and driving with the inside hind leg). not only is he a great trainer he is also a very very nice person. Terry is reasonably priced to most other reininer trainers and the horses are well taken care of.

Jazz

Postby Jazz » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:54 pm

I've had a couple horses with Christine Rusnak and would definitely recommend her. She's located at Still Meadows Ranch east of Sherwood Park

rope'em

Postby rope'em » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:49 pm

Im sending my young one to Perry this month. im nervous :shock: but excited. im really looking forward to seeing how he is going to turn out, and ready to have him back for the nice weather in may! haha
Practice makes perfect ~ no one is perfect ~ which one is it

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”