Wedding Questions

A great place to "stay tuned" - Forum for reference only, closed due to spam.

Moderator: Moderator

sheena

Wedding Questions

Postby sheena » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:09 am

I am getting married in 5 months and I have no idea what I need to do. Okay....well I have booked a hall, photographer and DJ. But it is all the little things I am worried about forgeting. You know..like the knife to cut the cake or the pen to sign the marriage licence. Do you need little programs at the ceremony? If so who do you include on it? Where is a good place to get flowers (safeway?? or a flower store) and what about a cake? So many things to think of...and forget! If anyone has any ideas or helpful hits it would be great to hear!! Thanks. Happy new year :-D

peanutbutterskunk

Re: Wedding Questions

Postby peanutbutterskunk » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:39 pm

Hi, I just got married in July. The biggest thing to remember is the little things you stress about will not matter when the day comes. Trust me, dont stress yourself.

One of my girlfriends got me a Brides Checklist book - that was really helpful. Also lots of bridal magazines have little checklists. But the main things include:
- Book your venues, ceremony and reception, asap, they book up fast.
- Shop for dress and bridesmaids dresses early, to allow plenty of time for alterations and problems. (also get your shoes early and BREAK THEM IN, choose shoes you think will be comfortable, if you dont normally wear heels dont buy them, its such a long day you'll be in so much pain. If you want to wear fat babies do it - I did)
- Book photographer, minister/justice of the peace, DJ, videographer, florist, caterer asap, because they too book fast.
- Buy centerpieces, unity candles/coloured sand/coloured water for the family joining ceremony thing if you are doing that, flowers or decorations for the chairs, guest book, pen for guestbook, pen for signing register, table favors, disposable cameras for tables, if you are doing that.
- Do trial run of your hairstyle for the day - check to see veil will work with it.
- Also give your emcee plenty of notice, we left asking ours too late and she backed out.

That is about all I can think of right now. I've heard lots of people have gotten lovely flowers from costco. ? And we had kind of a garden wedding, and it was pretty laid back so we didnt have programs, I dont think you have to. Everyone involved gets introduced at dinner anyways. But just be prepared that something will go wrong, be prepared for little mix ups, not a big deal. It helps to have a good team of helpful people - and helpful moms! Hope that helped a little. Good luck - its an awesome day, but it flies by! :wink:
"Riding is a lot like nuts and bolts. if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts."

Kelly

Postby Kelly » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:23 am

Sheena don't get your flowers from safeway go to a flower store! And for table centers we made them with little straw bales and flowers you can either make them or rent them at any one of the wedding stores they usually rent a lot of there stuff and you can buy your knives and ring pillow from them and a lot of your decorations, if you need more info pm me if I could do it in 3 weeks along with my bridsmaids then you can do in 5 months haha
Make the hardest run as if it were your last, and always have fun.

twofastandfurious

Postby twofastandfurious » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:25 pm

theknot.com is an awesome web site. It is a monthly checklist that tells you what to do and when. Congrats!!

Good Luck.
:love:
Go Big or Go Home!

letsrodeo

Postby letsrodeo » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:49 am

i totally agree, theknot.com is awesome! this is a good oppurtunity to post a wedding question i've been pondering over. im getting married this summer and the wedding will be outdoors. i want to the men in the wedding party to wear cowboy hats but im worried their faces will all be in shadow. has anybody ever had a western wedding and had problems with black shadow faces in photos or anything? the wedding is in the middle of the afternoon.
the harder you work, the luckier you get.

Pforbes

Postby Pforbes » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:48 am

We had a western wedding, and no shadows because of the hats was not a problem. It looked very nice!

Rachel Bergstrom

Postby Rachel Bergstrom » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:47 pm

my brothers wedding had cowboy hats and even their thank you card had him wearing his and no shadows.. the photographer should be able to make sure their isnt.

Sailor

Postby Sailor » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:48 pm

I am a Photographer, and if it is a sunny day and your portraits are out in the open you WILL have a harsh Shadow on the faces.

In order to not have shadows....it needs to be overcast, or pictures in the shade

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”