Sundowner vs. Exiss

A great place to "stay tuned" - Forum for reference only, closed due to spam.

Moderator: Moderator

dw09

Sundowner vs. Exiss

Postby dw09 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:15 pm

I am looking at buying a new LQ trailer and am trying to weigh out the differences between a Sundowner and an Exiss. I've noticed the Exiss trailers are cheaper and have heard that they used to be not as good quality but are being made by a different manufacturer now. The trailer dealership (Canwest) I went to said that to buy an Exiss from them it would cost me at least a couple thousand more than a Sundowner, while at another dealership (Cam Clark) they have Exiss trailers for a couple thousand less than the Sundowner I looked at. Just wanted everyones opinions on what they've had and how they last over the years.

silverdew_farms

Re: Sundowner vs. Exiss

Postby silverdew_farms » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:57 am

I bought a new Sundowner almost 3yrs ago now. Luv it!!!! If I were to ever buy another trailer it will be a sundowner. Ive had zero issues with it, and can't say enough good things about it.

moonlake

Postby moonlake » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:07 am

We just purchased a 98 Sundowner. It is in amazing shape, you would think it was only a couple of years old. I have never owned an Exiss though, but when we were looking for used LQ's, the used Sundowners seemed to be in way better shape than the Exiss trailers. JMO though, good luck!

dw09

Postby dw09 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:50 pm

Ok so after some research, Exiss is out! I'm still liking everything I've been hearing about the Sundowners and how good they are to buy from. What about Elite trailers? I can't find too much about them, but apparently they are top rated along with 4 Star.

Tiffany

Postby Tiffany » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:07 pm

We love our Elite trailer!! It is very well built and we have never had a problem!!

doublek

Postby doublek » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:23 pm

Elite all the way! love ours very will made.

cowgirl1

Postby cowgirl1 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:06 pm

Sundowner is the top of the line for aluminum trailers. Always check out how your floor is put together. If interlocks and how much strength. This will prevent any rippling or wave effect on the floor. The old sundowners were made very strong as the floor interlocking went width wise. I had an accident with our sundowner stocktrailer in 04. I jackkniffed the unit. Wrote off the truck but the trailer only had minor damage. That trailer is still going strong!
Most LQ's on all trailers now are so beautiful inside that it would be hard to choose on that alone.

wheels2

Postby wheels2 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:46 am

I dont mean to hijack this post but im curious on peoples take on sundowner in comparison to brands like platinum, bloomer, hart, cimmaron and other brands mentioned like 4 star and elite? I have been looking into trailers for awhile and have no idea on what brand would be better, sundowner definately seems to be more affordable in comparison to the other trailers, and all the older models i have seen seem to be in good shape, but what's everyones opinion?

YEEHAW

Postby YEEHAW » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:21 pm

I can't believe you even would compare Exiss to a Sundowner....that's almost insulting to Sundowner lol.
Sundowner's are excellent trailers!!!! No complaints, had one for years :)
They are a bit heavy with the full living quarter but with the quality you get, that would be the least of my worries. You can't go wrong with one!!! :)

dmv

Postby dmv » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:44 am

Hey I've had an Exiss for about 5 years now and I love it. No problems whatsoever, pulls good, and the living quarters are great.

am

Postby am » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:37 pm

the C&C is another top quality up there with 4star and bloomer, and Platinum. It was actually made by the guy who used to own 4 star and left to go on his own and built the C&C the 4 star and C&C, bloomer and Platinum all about the same quality.

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”