Boots Topic!

A great place to "stay tuned" - Forum for reference only, closed due to spam.

Moderator: Moderator

JANE

Postby JANE » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:52 am

I think that a person just use what works on their horse. every horse is different and after rideing your horse enough that you will relize that works best it might cost more to start out with but you most likley will end up with another horse that could use what you already have

Janelle

Postby Janelle » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:41 pm

Have you ever put a prochoice boot on one leg, and then a wrap on the other, worked your horse in them, then once you were done, put a thermometer in each and seen what the degrees were? A prochoice gets to be 20 degrees hotter than a wrap. Your horses legs are everything. If your horses legs are screwed so is everything else. You need to thing logically about this. I never have my wraps on for over 15 minutes(even that is over the limit) Sometimes they have to be on longer though. As soon as I am done running I take them off immediately, to let the legs cool down. I use to use prochoice boots, but now all I use is wraps, and will never go back to a prochoice boot. The wrap is still shock absorbant, but is still over 20 degrees cooler than a boot.

That is my opinion, everybody has different opinions and differnet views on everything.

:D

Deborah

Postby Deborah » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:07 pm

I totally agree. I have never tested it in the manner you have. If you formerly used boots and then began using wraps, you can literally feel the difference in temperature to the touch. As perviously mentioned, when used correctly they are highly beneficial for your horse. :D
"Horse, you are truly a creature without equal, for you fly without wings and conquer without sword." - The Koran.

Savanna

Postby Savanna » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:32 pm

I used to use raps on my old horse just because they had less bulk on his legs however i use only the SMB's on my big horse now because i use him for multiple events ts just much easier and keeps him from burning his back legs when im roping on him etc. I know i also like the protection they give because i have seen how they stand up when my dad picks up bucking horses with my barrel horse and how badly i would kill him if he didnt have them on Cisco.

Janelle

Postby Janelle » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:18 pm

Hi Chelsea,

When I first started using wraps that is what would happen, you just have to wrap a little tight(when you are coming out from the inside of the leg, just pull a little tighter) you need the wraps fairly tight to keep the everything inplace) Just make sure you can get a finger in there. I don`t have that problem anymore now!

Hope this helps!

Janelle :D

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”