Feed Suggestions?

A great place to "stay tuned" - Forum for reference only, closed due to spam.

Moderator: Moderator

akoch899

Feed Suggestions?

Postby akoch899 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:18 pm

I'm looking for a really awesome feed for my barrel horse. He needs something that'll give him lots of energy and LOTS of joint 'support'. He's currently on Hoffman's Horse Ration, but I'm thinking of switching... any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

Onthespot

Re: Feed Suggestions?

Postby Onthespot » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:33 pm

Hoffmans is fantastic. You could add in some MSM/Glucosomine for joint support.

weder

Postby weder » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:02 pm

I have had been having great results with whole oats and Platinum Performance. I found that the Hoffman's wasn't enough for my horse, and when I switched, he flourished. He looks great and feels even better! However.........when looking at a feeding program, you also must look at the hay you are feeding. It may even be beneficial to look into getting it analyzed so that you know exactly what you are dealing with.

If you have feeding questions, pm Redzed. He has a ton of knowledge when it comes to feed (just don't tell him I said that or his head will swell :lol: )

akoch899

Postby akoch899 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:09 pm

Thanks so much!
Do you by chance live in the States? I tried to buy Platinum Performance prior to trying Hoffman's and they can't ship it accross the boarder. If you have a dealer in Canada, can you pass his/her info along to me?
Thanks again for your replies - both are helpful!

wheels2

Postby wheels2 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:04 pm

You can get the regular platinum performance through Delaney Vet Clinic in Sherwood Park. You cant order the Platinum Performance CJ though. My mare is on it and looks absolutely amazing and she was a hard keeper that it seemed like no feed combination was working for her. I highly recommend it.

Kopes18

Postby Kopes18 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:55 pm

I'm with Weder - Platinum Performance is one of the best feeds I have ever used and my 16 yr old barrel horse does amazing on it.

peanutbutterskunk

Postby peanutbutterskunk » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:40 am

I would look into silver lining herbs for your joint support. They suggest to feed it on top of whole oats but I put it on top of hoffmans ration. I recently switched to step right feeds by viterra for one of my horses and he loves it, hasnt been on it long enough to tell but he prefers the taste to hoffmans. Its 1/2 the price of hoffmans. You'd have to top dress it for joint support though.
"Riding is a lot like nuts and bolts. if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts."

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”