abra entry fees

A great place to "stay tuned" - Forum for reference only, closed due to spam.

Moderator: Moderator

misty

abra entry fees

Postby misty » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:03 am

did they go up from last year, they are 175 were they less than that last year??? and before anybody gets on and tries to roast me for asking (i have also contacted my director), i was under the impression that the finals was moving to help cut down cost not raise it up..........and the 1 that really gets me is the 40 per horse self penning fee (where is that goin anyway)............just sayin

m

barrelgal73

Re: abra entry fees

Postby barrelgal73 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:08 pm

I would believe its due to a better facility. The entry fee has not increased in years and you have to expect it to come up eventually. The cost of running such an event costs more every year as it is. Between the fees for announcers, fuel for equipment, rentals etc. goes up every year. Being able to offer the service for such a finals comes a bigger cost. These facilities also charge huge clean up fees and take pride in keeping the grounds in good condition. Can you imagine what the ground would look like after that many horses????? I am sure they need to reseed to get the grass to come back and so forth. I total understand where the increase comes from and if you have been to the new facility at Ponoka you would understand!!!! I am so happy to have the finals at such a facility 8o)
If the rider's heart is in the right place, his seat will be independent of his hands. - Piero Santini

eee

Postby eee » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:19 am

I do agree, everyone wants to keep things afordable for every barrel racer, however, it is very costly to host events of this magnitude. If you think you are going to get 3 runs for the money, which equal out to less than $60 per run, which is very reasonable, last year 1st PLACE paid over $2,000 for the both of the 1st & 2nd runs and fabulous prizes; 1st in the Short Go paid over $1600. ALSO 1st in THE AVERAGE paid $1,400. Good job to the Directors. I think the big advantage of going to Ponoka..is that it is user friendly for equine events, although I know we will really miss all the choices we had for dinning out
Last edited by eee on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

misty

Postby misty » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:29 am

i was really looking forward to running more than 1 horse but at 215(includes the self penning fee) a horse i will be lucky to go with 1........but go i will as i have been goin since the 1st abra finals at diamond5...i just like to know where my money goes........

m

CanCrasher

Postby CanCrasher » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:14 am

I do believe that the ABRA has enough money collected through the year from all the jackpot money collected to go to such things as our Finals.I also have a couple horses and my daughter was hoping to run a couple horses at the finals, but it does get very expensive to do so and you have not even included food and etc etc for the week! If we spend the money getting 2 or 3 or more horses qualified all year you would think we could make the finals more affordable to attend for all the families attending! I can't believe that Ponoka would cost that much more then Camrose to host the ABRA? I very much enjoy the finals and realize how much work goes into such a project but hopefully we don't lose track of why we started the ABRA and who it is for.GMO 8o)

misty

Postby misty » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:27 am

CanCrasher wrote:I do believe that the ABRA has enough money collected through the year from all the jackpot money collected to go to such things as our Finals.I also have a couple horses and my daughter was hoping to run a couple horses at the finals, but it does get very expensive to do so and you have not even included food and etc etc for the week! If we spend the money getting 2 or 3 or more horses qualified all year you would think we could make the finals more affordable to attend for all the families attending! I can't believe that Ponoka would cost that much more then Camrose to host the ABRA? I very much enjoy the finals and realize how much work goes into such a project but hopefully we don't lose track of why we started the ABRA and who it is for.GMO 8o)

exactly.....thank you...........thats what im tryin to get at
m

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:17 pm

Please hang in there and wait for your director to reply to give you the breakdown of the fees and questions about self penning. (Isn't that great you actually have that option!?)

Your directors are a group of volunteers the membership voted in to be trusted to make the best decisions they can based on the circumstances. Have faith in your directorship. Questioning the decisions your directors have made on here only makes for hard feelings. If you want changes or answers, talk directly to your director, write a letter or attend a meeting.
What happens is not as important as how you react to what happens. -Thaddeus Golas

sleeper

Postby sleeper » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:08 pm

It isn't unusual at most high end equestrian facilities that there is a haul in fee (in this case a self penning fee). At a horse show, if you are showing and don't have a stall you pay a day fee. Not really comparing but I guess all I am saying is that such a fee isn't unusual at a quality facility and it is unusual to be able to self pen at such a facility. I'm not saying the price is right or wrong just the actual point of a fee is reasonable

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”