Barrel saddle favorites

A great place to "stay tuned" - Forum for reference only, closed due to spam.

Moderator: Moderator

Amanda7

Barrel saddle favorites

Postby Amanda7 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:46 pm

Ok fellow barrel racers...whats everyone favorite barrel saddle and why?? I wanna know all the details...which fit your horses great and yourself! Thanks for your imput :Sun:

casshausauer

Re: Barrel saddle favorites

Postby casshausauer » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:32 am

My first saddle I had was a Tesky. It was affordable at the time. Fit my horse ok, not perfectly. It just worked for the time being.

My second barrel saddle was a Triple Creek. It was also affordable, comfortable, but I had the stingray seat, which could be slippery. Fit my horse nicely.

My newest saddle is a Martin. I LOVE MY MARTIN!!!!!! Its by far my favorite saddle. Everything is perfect for me right down to how the horn feel. Its very comfortable. LOVE the rough out seat, really sticks ya in there. The hamley twist is such a knee saver too. (makes your stirrups turn outwards from your horse)
The adjustable rigging is another handy feature of the Martin.
I really love this saddle. If someone you know has one, I would ask them if you can try it out and form your own opinion of it. Thats what I did :)
You get what you expect out of yourself, so always expect the BEST! - Lee Ann Rust

MPowell

Postby MPowell » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:13 am

I just bought a Lisa Lockhart - it is awesome! comes in 3 different widths, and keeps you neutral. Keeps your feet underneath you - not way behind or way ahead.

whisperer

Postby whisperer » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:58 pm

Had a Billy Cook now have an Irvine's, love it.

Skittles

Postby Skittles » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:45 pm

I love my Lazy L Saddle made by Larry Coats. Great saddle!! Fits horses well and really sits you in a good position. Well built too!!

Tys-ol-lady

Postby Tys-ol-lady » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:39 am

I started out with a Teskey and found it to be quite cheaply made(reflected in the price)... sold it and bought a used Frontier. I love it- its very well made, very comfortable, and fits my horse like a glove.
*Dont let your fears stand in the way of your dreams*

Toni

Postby Toni » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:00 am

Lynn Mckenzie special.Very comfortable and keeps me balanced even when my horse gets a little goosey.

MK

Postby MK » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:34 pm

Martin Crown C

huey

Postby huey » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:22 pm

Frontier. I've had mine for 10 years and I still love it even after riding a few others. My hubby has 3 and I can run in them too, lol.
Raising kids is like being pecked to death by a duck

Savanna

Postby Savanna » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:39 am

I have to agree Frontier- Mine is probably close to 15 years old and is still in great shape and I love the way it sits me! Recently rode in a Martin and liked it a lot as well! but nothing will ever beat my Frontier!

Tys-ol-lady

Postby Tys-ol-lady » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:26 pm

I must say I would really like to try out a Raylee racer too.
Last edited by Tys-ol-lady on Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Dont let your fears stand in the way of your dreams*

beckers5

Postby beckers5 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:57 pm

Well I have had a few different ones over the years but right now I am a huge fan of the Raylee racer made by frontier, I also like my Martin crown C but for different reasons.

MPowell

Postby MPowell » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:48 pm

beckers5 wrote:Well I have had a few different ones over the years but right now I am a huge fan of the Raylee racer made by frontier, I also like my Martin crown C but for different reasons.

I had a Raylee - but the tree was crooked in it......

beckers5

Postby beckers5 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:12 pm

MPowell wrote:I had a Raylee - but the tree was crooked in it......

That's no fun, I bought a Lynn McKenzie once that had a crooked tree and another time I bought a Marlene McCrae that the flex tree fell apart in less then 5 rides in the saddle. I guess it's like anything, every once in a while you get a lemon in the pile... Good thing is in both cases the saddle company took the saddle back and got me a new one... I'm sure frontier would do the same :-D

jb

Postby jb » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:11 am

LOVE my Raylee too. So much so I sold my Martins and am only riding in it. Have yet to find a horse that the saddle doesn't fit and I love it for myself too. It was still brand new when we went on holidays to the Yaha, at the time I had another saddle that I could have used and hubby recommended I do just in case...I refused had to ride in my Raylee;)!!!

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”