Barrel saddle favorites

A great place to "stay tuned" - Forum for reference only, closed due to spam.

Moderator: Moderator

Canadianguy

Re: Barrel saddle favorites

Postby Canadianguy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:17 pm

I think one of the best deals out there, are the older (1986-1990) Sharon Camarillo by Courts, the 38044 models . There good quality, they fit alot of horses and I like riding in them.

dbreeze

Postby dbreeze » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:44 pm

I really enjoy my Pozzi, made a huge difference in my horse and fits like a dream. I like the adjustable rigging and it is sooooo comfy. I have the ostrich seat and love it, it's soft and not slippery at all. Would reccomend it if you have a racier built horse or one with higher withers.

randa

Postby randa » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:06 pm

I can't hardly ride without my Double J Pro (they are not a Pozzi but have a similar feel to them to ride in) the gullet is a touch wider on the Pro so they fit a large variety of horses.
I just custom ordered a Pro Rider saddle. I am just waiting to pick it up - I can't wait to see if it fits and feels good to ride in because the price was sure nice! I rode in a budget line of the saddle a few years ago and really liked it to ride it but the gullet was a hair to narrow so I ordered a wider one.
You can only have one thought at a time, will it be positive or negative?

porky

Postby porky » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:09 pm

I am down to 3 saddles now that I feel fit almost any horse I need thrum to. A meleta brown freedom saddle, I wide tree pozzi, and a Tammy Fischer treeless. I like the way the pozzi sits me the best of all of them but the other two fit more horses. The meleta brown is my favorite for those hard to fit shoulders that need lots of flare, and my Tammy fisher is for my free running hard to fit mare, I find it hard to get up and out of but for this horse the less you do the better she runs so it works..... Others I have tried... Martin- did not fit hardly any of my horses and I did not like the idea of shimming or using sheepskins to make it fit , I prefer my saddles to fit properly with minimal padding, frontier- I liked no major complaints, good for the price, coats - I loved how it fit me but hated how it fit horses ( and the horses hated it too) it was a flex tree but was very straight through the bars and caused a lot of pressure at the front under the gullet. Billy cook- you get what you pay for it was good from far but far from good. There are more but these are at the top of my head that I've tried recently.

Rocketrun

Postby Rocketrun » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:20 pm

Love my mcrae special effex and my martha josey ultimate
Speak your mind but ride a fast horse.

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”