Treeless Saddles?????

A great place to "stay tuned" - Forum for reference only, closed due to spam.

Moderator: Moderator

randle

Treeless Saddles?????

Postby randle » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:51 pm

I need as much info as I can get, lol. I have never rode in one but am considering looking into one for my hard to fit horse! Can anybody recommend brands, fitting info, etc. that would help me start?
Thanks in advance:)))

porky

Re: Treeless Saddles?????

Postby porky » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:44 pm

I have a Tammy fisher . I like it but I do find it a tad bit restricting with the high pommel and cantle. I suggest trying out the jatzlu and the fisher to see which you prefer. Also I normally ride in a 13.5 " and had to go a full inch bigger in the treeless. My mare has a decent set if withers and it still rolls on her so I'm not sure how people keep them on mutton withered horses......I really have to cinch mine up tight.

am

Postby am » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:37 pm

Bob marshall or the tammy key and jackie J not sure how to spell her last name and use a neoprene cinch and they wont slide also like already said you need to buy bigger than you would normally if your horse has a higher wither the saddle will push up and become smaller so you likely would have to try out on the horse.. If they are too small they feel restrictive like you would expect their have been tons of post on here before about them so maybe search them , there will be a ton of info on there and I believe Jackie J ( again don't want to spell her name wrong) commented and gave a lot of really imformative info on them. I have had a Bob Marshall for about 20 years

BrendaD

Postby BrendaD » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:15 pm

I have Tammy fishers and love it, fits great on all my horses. I do recommend riding and even making a run in one before you buy, there are 2 different size horns and take that in to consideration before you buy. There are lots around find someone who has one and try it out. I have someone Borrow. one of mine all time.

randle

Postby randle » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:28 am

PM'D you BrendaD :-D

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”