Respiratory Supplement

A great place to "stay tuned" - Forum for reference only, closed due to spam.

Moderator: Moderator

jr

Respiratory Supplement

Postby jr » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:24 pm

I'm looking for a good respiratory supplement for a horse with sensitivity to dust, mold, etc. She developed a cough early this fall when rode. It got bad enough I had to give her respi free daily to get through our fall training and show schedule. After the last show I gave her 3 weeks off and she was no better. She's been to the vet and was given a clean bill of health. Yet she still coughed when rode. I then put her on Dex5 for 4 days and started watering her hay down (even though it is pretty good hay). She is quite a bit better in that I can ride her now and she is only coughing a bit at the start of the ride.

I'm looking for a good supplement I can feed that might help her with her dust/mold sensitivities. I have also noticed every time I show at the Golden Mile Arena in MJ she develops a bad cough. I again have to treat her with respi free daily while there.

Thanks

BNC

Re: Respiratory Supplement

Postby BNC » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:59 am

Sent you a p.m.

WNV

Postby WNV » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:41 am

I have had good success with Silver Lining Herbs- Respiratory Support. My gelding does exactly what you are describing and this seems to help.

Tys-ol-lady

Postby Tys-ol-lady » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:13 am

My horse got quite sick in August and had quite a cough. After having the vet check him out and a couple weeks of meds he still had quite a dry cough when he would work at all. I used Omega Alpha Respi-Free to help him with it when I rode but that started to get expensive so I switched him to the Silver Lining Herbs Respritory Support, and it is pretty much cleared up. When in a super dusty arena he still coughs a bit, but I so do I.
*Dont let your fears stand in the way of your dreams*

randa

Postby randa » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:06 am

I have had great results with Breath Smooth by Smooth Run Equine
pm if you need any more info 8o)
You can only have one thought at a time, will it be positive or negative?

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”