Hosting Clinic by U.S. Instructor.

A great place to "stay tuned" - Forum for reference only, closed due to spam.

Moderator: Moderator

jr

Hosting Clinic by U.S. Instructor.

Postby jr » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:51 pm

I am looking for information from those of you who have hosted or put on clinics using U.S. instructors. I did this once before and when the clinician arrived at the airport he was grilled through the nail (they were on a mission - grilling everyone on that plane). Anyway Canadian Customs were not happy he was doing a clinic and getting paid and shipped him back as soon as they could get him on a flight. It was a nightmare to say the least. I'd love to have him back but I want to avoid the same issue I had. Is there some sort of permit I can get for this? If so how do I go about doing so, what is the cost? Have heard some say the clinician is coming for a visit, but that blue up in our face last time. So if I can do it up front and legal for a small fee I will gladly do so. I figure there has to be some sort of permit or something as Americans come up her to judge shows, horse and cattle regularly. Thanks.

sleeper

Re: Hosting Clinic by U.S. Instructor.

Postby sleeper » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:36 pm

You need to get a labour market opinion. There is a form "application for a labour market opinion (LMO) Agricultural Stream". This is what I used the last two times I brought a clinician up. Here is the link http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/cgi-bin/ ... 519&ln=eng to the form. There is also another contract form "EMP5510" that you may need. Give yourself lots of time for this but it wasn't that hard nor frusturating.

Dms

Postby Dms » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:52 pm

I know when we've hired US judges we had to submit a form to customs, & the judge had to have a letter stating they were coming up to judge & being paid. Let me see if I can find the right form. Our judges had no problem once we had that paperwork taken care of.

D
Build the Team to Acheive the Dream!

jr

Postby jr » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:13 pm

Dms wrote:I know when we've hired US judges we had to submit a form to customs, & the judge had to have a letter stating they were coming up to judge & being paid. Let me see if I can find the right form. Our judges had no problem once we had that paperwork taken care of.

D

Thanks I'm looking into the form 'sleeper' mentioned above but would appreciate it if you could get the me name of the form you are talking about too. I'm trying to do this above board and the right way too avoid the issues I had last time.

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”