Peoples thoughts on a High Dollar Barrel Race

A great place to "stay tuned" - Forum for reference only, closed due to spam.

Moderator: Moderator

Girl

Re: Peoples thoughts on a High Dollar Barrel Race

Postby Girl » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:54 pm

Finding the combo of good horse and good income may be hard at $250.

Horses are expensive and many people don’t have $250 which is disposable, and if they do they have to have the horse. Given if you have the money to buy the 1D horse you will likely have the credit/money to cover the entry fee.

Let’s be honest people complain at $40 and up. And when it comes down to it will they pay up?

lisanault

Postby lisanault » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:01 am

We understand some people may not be able to afford the fees but we are not making anyone enter. You do not need a 1D horse, as this slot race will be 3D. We think its a great chance for those who are interested to come and challenge themselves and their horses and win a large pot.

prairiegirl

Postby prairiegirl » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:39 pm

We understand some people may not be able to afford the fees but we are not making anyone enter. You do not need a 1D horse, as this slot race will be 3D. We think its a great chance for those who are interested to come and challenge themselves and their horses and win a large pot.

I agree :-D I for one thank you very much for putting on this event AND for thinking of ways to make it even more exciting. VERY much appreciated 8o)

Taylersmum

Postby Taylersmum » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:44 pm

I think its a great idea! Where can I find more info, and when will you be taking entries?

lisanault

Postby lisanault » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:46 pm

All the info on the SLOT RACE and 4D BARREL BASH is also posted on the jackpot section in the Round Pen. You can print out the entry form for the slot race and mail to the address provided.

As the SLOT RACE fills up, I will keep everybody posted to how many slots are filled/vacant.

wheels2

Postby wheels2 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:53 am

I think its great that its a go ahead :-D Another thought for the people that think the entry fee is too high is that we pay higher fees for events like ABRA finals, CBHI ect... and they still get a fantasitc amount of entries that come each year. I believe if people can run for a higher amount of money then the higher entry fee is worth it plus its a 3D so you don't have to have the fastest horse to run at this unlike some of the slot races in the US.

lisanault

Postby lisanault » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:05 pm

A confirmation email will be sent to those who enter upon recieving full payment either by cheque or money oder and entry form to confirm your entry into the slot race. Please include a short bio of slot owner, rider and horse. This allows us to promote and acknowledge your team!!!

Make payment to: Barrel Bash

Mailing Address:
Barrel Bash
C/O Lisa Nault
Box 21 Site 14 RR2
Red Deer, AB
T4N 5E2

lisanault

Postby lisanault » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:31 pm

Hi all, just wanted to let people know I will be in Ponoka tomorrow for the jackpot and if anyone is interested or wants to bring their Barrel Bash Slot Race entry form with payment with them feel free..................there is only 3 slots filled so far. 8o)

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”