Iconoclast Boots

A great place to "stay tuned" - Forum for reference only, closed due to spam.

Moderator: Moderator

cowhorse1

Iconoclast Boots

Postby cowhorse1 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:27 pm

I have a gelding that had some tendon and ligament issues last summer. I went through the rehab process with him over the course of 3-4 months and he is now sound and I am riding him again. I would like to put him back into full time training but want to do what I can to prevent him from reinjuring himself. I have heard great things about the iconoclast boots for horses who have previous injuries. When I looked on their website they have a support boot and a rehabilitation boot and I am not sure which ones would best meet this horses needs. Does anyone know if one is better than the other? I was also wondering if the rehabilitation boots can be used on a regular basis when the horse is being ridden? I would appreciate any advice you can give on these boots as this product is new to me.

Thanks 8o)

melissa

Re: Iconoclast Boots

Postby melissa » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:01 pm

Hi the simple version is the rehab boots have a wedge in them to support the fetlock during the healing process. The wedge acts kind of like a support brace to keep your horse from continually straining the injured tissue They are great to use when hand walking and rehabing a horse and to have in your vet kit for when you need them. I don't recommend them for use during riding as you would never want to limit the movement of a sound horse. It sounds like you have been though the healing process and you are riding your horse in which case I would recommend using the orthopedic boots, as they will offer your horse the benefits of support and protection without limiting their movement. Please feel free to email or phone me with questions. 780-853-0078 email baroverbar@gmail.com

cowhorse1

Re: Iconoclast Boots

Postby cowhorse1 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:22 am

Thanks for the clarification Melissa. I think I will go with the orthopedic boots as they sound like they will best suit my horses needs.

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”