Platinum Performance

A great place to "stay tuned" - Forum for reference only, closed due to spam.

Moderator: Moderator

casshausauer

Platinum Performance

Postby casshausauer » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:24 am

Where do you buy your Platinum from?

Anywhere cheaper than Delaneys in the Park?

If you dont like Platinum, what else do you suggest?
I just want an all around supplement so hes getting all he needs, and a nice coat, and I have heard lots of good reviews on Platinum Performance!

Thanks! :)
You get what you expect out of yourself, so always expect the BEST! - Lee Ann Rust

beckers5

Re: Platinum Performance

Postby beckers5 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:45 pm

Hey Cassie,
I picked up a pail of PP CJ when we were in Texas last year because of all the rave reviews and fed it for a few months last year. In the end it didn't work for me... I struggled the whole time with weight on my horses when hauling really hard and they also were fussy sometimes about eating it... it is a very expensive product, the main ingredients are flax seed, flax seed oil and rice bran which are relatively cheap to buy and so I just couldn't justify the cost for the mineral content when there are some other great products out there at a fraction of the cost. I can't comment on if it was a good product for joint support but I didn't see any difference in my horses although I don't really have any major soundness issues. Some people have had good success feeding it but I have gone back to my regular old program I've used for years and I feel it works just as well or better and I'm not spending as much. I think the important thing to consider is what you are looking for in a supplement and what your reason is for starting to feed it. Sometimes it's a bit of trial and error to find what works for you but there are a lot of great products out there so do some research based on what your horse needs. Talk to people and find out why they feed what they do or better yet talk to a nutritionalist if you feel your horse is lacking something and get a feed analysis done if needed to find out if you even need to supplement. Not sure if this helps or not :)

casshausauer

Re: Platinum Performance

Postby casshausauer » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:33 pm

Hey Rebecca,

Thanks, it does help. I think I get caught up with all the hype of what others are doing and then worry and think my horse needs to be on all this stuff. Hes perfectly fine really, not a hard keeper, and is healthy. I think if I do decide he needs something I will talk to a nutritionalist and get their sound advice :)
You get what you expect out of yourself, so always expect the BEST! - Lee Ann Rust

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”