new feed program

A great place to "stay tuned" - Forum for reference only, closed due to spam.

Moderator: Moderator

joey

new feed program

Postby joey » Mon May 13, 2013 6:23 pm

I know this topic has been on here a few times with slight variations but im wondering what people are feeding?? actually more specifically Im wondering if anyone feeds feed that is available at UFA? I dont live anywhere near a feed store and am tired of driving all over to get feed and running out and not having any available. So i wanna simplify my feeding program and my life! LOL but i have some special needs horses: one that ties up so needs low starch, a three year old that needs weight, a prego mare that has suffered from ulcers and soon a baby colt to feed as well and a pony that cant get to fat. My ufa carries TIZ WhiZ brand and may be able to order in any other brand that other ufa's carry. sorry for the novel just wondering if anyone has any info. Thanks :-D

silverdew_farms

Re: new feed program

Postby silverdew_farms » Tue May 14, 2013 7:35 am

I buy most of my feed from UFA.... I use Step 8 which is high in fat. Its not a hot feed at all since my rodeo mare cannot have oats so it works great for her and keeps weight on her. I also give it to my young horses mixed with Tiz Whiz. I think the Tiz Whiz is called Growth and Performance.

peanutbutterskunk

Re: new feed program

Postby peanutbutterskunk » Wed May 15, 2013 10:05 am

I feed the step right feeds from viterra as well. I don't get them from UFA, but I know my UFA carries one of them, so i'm assuming its available to them. I feed my old guy the senior, its the only thing that's put weight on him. And my younger guys in regular exercise get the complete, I used to feed the peak extruded but it was bit much for my hot gelding. I have a fjord who has a tendency of being fat and he does fine getting the complete in moderation. Have had friends have amazing luck with the hi-fat step 8 as well. Its reasonably priced too. Good luck.
"Riding is a lot like nuts and bolts. if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts."

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”