Educate me about some barrel saddles please!

A great place to "stay tuned" - Forum for reference only, closed due to spam.

Moderator: Moderator

buckskinbarrelhorse

Educate me about some barrel saddles please!

Postby buckskinbarrelhorse » Sun May 19, 2013 10:01 pm

I'm looking to buy another barrel saddle, unhappy with the Charmayne I have at this time. I've got a Camarillo that I LOVE. But was looking to buy something a little fancier.

I've tried a Martin with the drop rigging and hated the way it sat, felt like the seat was very flat and that I was sitting ON the saddle and not IN IT! I will not buy a Billy Cook or Circle Y along with the cheaper brands like those.....

How is the quality of the Triple Creeks, LOVE the drop rigging but am not sure of the quality.....

I want something that sure enough puts my feet out in front on me NOT under or behind me!!!

Hows the quality of a Martin with the adjustable rigging, does anyone have problems with that rigging ring moving on its own????

Any ideas, help, info....please spill it ALL!!!

Thank you!

Michele

Re: Educate me about some barrel saddles please!

Postby Michele » Sun May 19, 2013 10:21 pm

I have a Triple Creek and love it and it is one of the better made saddles I've had.
Horses are a perfect metaphor for life: there are no guarantees and virtually no limits. - Jane Savoie

aqha_rodeo_cowgurl_07

Postby aqha_rodeo_cowgurl_07 » Wed May 22, 2013 4:45 pm

Have had my Triple Creek for 6 years and LOVE IT great quality and puts me where I need to be. Will be ordering another one when my filly fills out. Wont touch a billy cook, didn't like the Martin with adjustable rigging and I have a Pozzi Pro racer I dont care for at all, just do not like the way it fits me and doesnt fit any of my horses.
Jenn

CentralRacer

Postby CentralRacer » Fri May 24, 2013 2:18 pm

Love my Martins!
Having rode in cutting saddles mostly, this is what I've found most similar. Lots of movement and close contact. I cant stand saddles that hold me in place or keep me locked in.
Adjustable rigging has been great.
Fit all my horses

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”