A Classic Guy

A great place to "stay tuned" - Forum for reference only, closed due to spam.

Moderator: Moderator

Dancen

A Classic Guy

Postby Dancen » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:23 pm

Anyone have offspring from A Classic Guy? I am trying to decide on a stallion to bred to and this guy caught my eye. Just curious what you all think of his foals.
"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway. "-John Wayne

brobinson

Re: A Classic Guy

Postby brobinson » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:52 pm

I don't have any offspring but have a mare at sandy ridge being bred to him now. He is a super nice guy and his pictures do him no justice. We did get to see a few of his 2013 foals when we dropped off our mare and they confirmed our decision. I haven't seen one, either in pictures or otherwise, that I wasn't impressed with.

docrope

Postby docrope » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:28 pm

I have a yearling by A Classic Guy and I am very happy with him. He is very smart and super friendly and everything we do with him is easy - ie trim feet, brush, lead and handle. He is put together nicely and I would not hesitate to have another one. A Classic Guy's sire -Frenchmans Guy- needs no introduction, but a key for this stud is his Dam- Classic Keepsake who is a very well bred mare with a speed index of 98 :)
"If you're not out there practicing, know that someone else is" - Sherry Cervi

jmonti

Postby jmonti » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:35 pm

I was just at Sandy Ridge on Saturday playing with all of the new babies and the Classic Guy foals crossed on large mares are AMAZING! I find him too slight for what I like in a horse but, crossed on the right mare the product is DYNAMITE!

Carol & Doug are amazing to deal with and so is there knowledgable staff!

Good luck!

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”