Opinions Please :)

A great place to "stay tuned" - Forum for reference only, closed due to spam.

Moderator: Moderator

wheels2

Opinions Please :)

Postby wheels2 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:33 am

So we are in the planning for our second event this year and was wondering what draws competitors to a barrel race? Would you guys rather have nicer high quality prizes and a bit less money paid out or more money paid out with not as expensive of prizes?

mmmontana

Re: Opinions Please :)

Postby mmmontana » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:27 pm

In my opinion the more money added to the pot the better. Don't get my wrong, prizes are nice but they don't help you get down the road the the next jackpot or rodeo. :)

jmonti

Postby jmonti » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:14 pm

It's nice to win a prize but, the prize doesn't need to be worth a million bucks either. If you can find a way to do both that is ideal!

I know at the larger barrel race events that we've been to, they have prizes that are decent but the added money is truely what draws the crowd.

At our series we offer prizes to 4th place with Troy Fischer buckles to first. He is very reasonable and it is easy to find sponsors that win donate $350 rather than trying to find ones that will sponsor major prizes such as saddles which will cost anywhere from $1200-$4000 depending on what you want.

IMO: Try to find "decent" prizes but I would consentrate on the added cash....

Good luck :)

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:38 pm

I would enter based on added money and be excited to win a prize. Prizes are like a bonus and really nice ones even better!
I like prizes for average or series winnings and money for the rounds.
What happens is not as important as how you react to what happens. -Thaddeus Golas

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”