CANADIAN BARREL FUTURITIES RESULTS

A great place to "stay tuned" - Forum for reference only, closed due to spam.

Moderator: Moderator

maxine mckenna

CANADIAN BARREL FUTURITIES RESULTS

Postby maxine mckenna » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:54 pm

Where does one find the results of the "CANADIAN Barrel Futurities"? It isn't on their site.

k2farms

Re: CANADIAN BARREL FUTURITIES RESULTS

Postby k2farms » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:41 am

The results are posted from the first three F & D's of 2013 on the CBF website-- left hand side of the home page, underneath their individual listing.
The website is run by a VOLUNTEER that really has no invested personal interest, and who has many other work commitments. She does a great job. I am sure the missing results will get posted at their earliest convenience :)
Whatever is going on in your mind is what you are attracting!!!

maxine mckenna

Postby maxine mckenna » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:14 am

The last results were from July 5th-7th...come on, don't give me the crap about VOLUNTEERS...maybe we need to get a PAID position in place, AND AN ASSOCIATION...SO people will be accountable...come on, people! Don't you realize what breeders, and trainers have up for-stake here in CANADA!

skippydoo

Postby skippydoo » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:55 pm

I also agree, with the internet there is no reason that the results cannot be posted at least one day after the event.

poulsenb

Postby poulsenb » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:52 pm

As one of the people who works with the Canadian Barrel Futurities organization, I'd like to clarify, once again, that we post information as quickly as we can after we receive it from the various event producers. The http://www.canadianbarrelfuturities.com website was last updated (as indicated on the homepage of the site) on August 9, 2013. We have not yet received the Rocky Mtn Fut/Derby results and will post that data once we receive it.

The reality is that all of the volunteers involved with Canadian Barrel Futurities (web personnel, statisticians, event producers and other volunteers) are busy people who are doing their best.

I generally try to approach all aspects of life (not always successfully) by keeping in mind the old proverb: 'Don't judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes'.

Anyone who has questions about Canadian Barrel Futurities (or anyone who would like to step up to the plate and help out) is more than welcome to contact us. There is information available on the website for that purpose. As well, we hold an annual meeting each October during the CBHI event that you are welcome to attend.

NOTE: As far as the November Farmfair Futurity, while Canadian Barrel Futurities is hoping to be involved in this event in the future, as indicated in another post in this Forum, we are not officially part of this Futurity in 2013.

Kind regards,
Barb Poulsen

Ben

Postby Ben » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:17 pm

Maxine the results are all over facebook the same day the futurity is over, i would think you would treat those who do the website with some respect as they are "Canadian",

maxine mckenna

Postby maxine mckenna » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:08 am

Oh, my bad, Ben..NEVER thought to look on FACEBOOK for the CANADIAN BARREL FUTURITIES results..duh! LOL!

maxine mckenna

Postby maxine mckenna » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:50 am

THANKS BEN...you just inspired me to reply: So,I have, yet , stirred another pot. I do respect ALL of the people that are volunteering their time. But if any of you have attended the meetings in the last five-six years, the common denominator has been that we need an association, And I don't know why that keeps getting swept under the rug. .BARB: you know I've have had numerous conversations with you regarding the Cdn Barrel Futurities. I attended every meeting until 2 years ago. I spoke on behalf of alot of other competitors, trainers, and breeders. I have offerred to help you in any way possible in tabulating points, or assisting in any way. I have found sponsors, and personally donated to some of the futurities. I just really think it is time that we form an organization, get some structure, and take care of people. Volunteers included. :)

Ben

Postby Ben » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:04 pm

Ahh Max maybe you need a hug at 2:50 am old friend, :)

maxine mckenna

Postby maxine mckenna » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:44 pm

Ya, maybe.

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”