Supplements

A great place to "stay tuned" - Forum for reference only, closed due to spam.

Moderator: Moderator

mmmontana

Supplements

Postby mmmontana » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:21 pm

I'm looking for a supplement that covers a varity of different areas. My main concerns are nutrition, digestion and joint health...Any suggestions? I know there are a hundreds of different products with options for these concerns, Ive looked at Oxy-gen, BioEquine, and Platinum. The Platinum Performance looks like it could be what I am looking for? Opinions? I am looking for something fairly simple, one scoop a day sort of thing as he is already on a more complicated diet. Thanks :)

karlaw

Re: Supplements

Postby karlaw » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:35 pm

i will strongly suggest to stay away from silver lining herbs!

BNC

Postby BNC » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:14 pm

Take a look at Nutrequin Elite.

Jiterbug

Postby Jiterbug » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:54 am

Oxy-Gen Oxy-Max covers ... Lungs, Joints, Front and Hind gut Ulcer maintenance. Oxy-Gen offers the Oxy-Max in both pellet and paste form. There are many other products offered including the full line of Equine 7!
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any direction"

Dancen

Postby Dancen » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:56 am

karlaw wrote:i will strongly suggest to stay away from silver lining herbs!

Why??
"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway. "-John Wayne

beckers5

Postby beckers5 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:32 pm

I have had great success with Silver Lining Herbs and have used several of their products, that being said I don't usually feed anything year round and try to make sure I'm not giving my horse something he doesn't need. Usually 30 days on or if I'm going to be feeding it longer term I only feed the herbs a few days a week (as per the reccomendation of somebody with much more knowledge than me lol) and that program has worked well with no issues thus far. The one thing I have started feeding all year round is Bio Equine, it has done wonders for the overall health of my horses... Chili Dog used to be the hardest horse to keep weight on and over the last year has been in the best shape hes ever been and the only thing I changed was I moved from Hoffmans and a separate probiotic to just the Bio Equine. It works well for me.

ClassicTouchEquine

Postby ClassicTouchEquine » Sun May 25, 2014 4:35 pm

I suggest Herbs for Horses All in One - All-inclusive supplement for the whole horse. Rich in ingredients which help to heal ulcers, maintain healthy joints, strengthen lung capillaries against rupture during strenuous exercise, and act as ?sponges’ to capture destructive free radicals, encourage restorative and regenerative growth. †When you only want to feed 1 supplement! -

contact me for prices and delivery! I have some in stock

sandy m

Postby sandy m » Mon May 26, 2014 9:43 pm

http://www.equidite.com/ Really great products.. The ECJR is well worth the money. My barrel horse had surgery to remove a bone chip 2 yrs ago and had damaged cartilage. Had to have the joint injected to keep him sound last summer. This yr I started him on the ECJR and have not had to inject him. He is doing and feeling great. Now available in Canada.

brobinson

Postby brobinson » Thu May 29, 2014 9:32 am

I used to feed Platinum CJ. Loved how my horses looked but did not notice a huge difference joint wise. BUT it is expensive and hard to get unless you are across the border or know someone across the border.

I switched to Perfect Lead Nutrition and Therapy (Shauna Cole) All-in-One supplement and my horses have never looked or felt better. The biggest bonus is that it is affordable, easy to get and she can personalize the supplement if needed.

I second staying away from Silver Lining!

Dancen

Postby Dancen » Thu May 29, 2014 10:55 am

brobinson wrote:
I second staying away from Silver Lining!

WHY?
"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway. "-John Wayne

brobinson

Postby brobinson » Thu May 29, 2014 1:39 pm

Pm'd you Dancen

della

Postby della » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:26 am

I have had a lot of good luck with alpha omega supplements my favorite is a joint sumplemt called sinuX (sp?)

Ive also started using a sumplment called Life force it helps keeping the gut healthy and helping the horse extract the max amounting nutrients out of thier feed. I can see a huge difference in my mare, I took before picture and a one week I could share if you want.

Ive always found sumplment shopping overwhelming so many choices lol

fastlane

Postby fastlane » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:34 am

Where do you get this?

karlaw

Postby karlaw » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:04 am

Dancen wrote:
karlaw wrote:i will strongly suggest to stay away from silver lining herbs!

Why??

I fed SLH to one of my geldings, I followed the instructions to a T- he became Anemic from them, developed sever ulcers in his mouth and went downhill for 2 months, after a lof of tests it was the SLH that caused this, there are also three other girls that I am aware of that had the same issues, one was a way worse result that I had. I was using Kidney and cool.

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”