Bringing in U.S. Clinician

A great place to "stay tuned" - Forum for reference only, closed due to spam.

Moderator: Moderator

jr

Bringing in U.S. Clinician

Postby jr » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:19 am

I'm wanting to bring in a clinician from the U.S. for a clinic. When I tried this a few years ago he was stopped at airport customs. There is something to do with them coming in to make money. I've heard there is a government form I can fill out to get him in. Is anyone familiar with this? Where can I find this form? Tips or hints?

Thanks

butter

Re: Bringing in U.S. Clinician

Postby butter » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:47 pm

The best tip is you tell them that you are coming to look at horses. I have a letter that AQHA jusdes use and carry with them that has been drafted by a lawyer. If you would like it pm me your email address and I can send you a copy.

maxine mckenna

Postby maxine mckenna » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:17 pm

BEST TIP is: to get those Americans that charge SO much money for a clinic, to GET THEIR PAPERWORK in order. They do it to us when we are down in the U.S! PLUS...SO many good CANADIAN horsemen/women...why you need those Americans up here? :|

maxine mckenna

Postby maxine mckenna » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:21 pm

AND shame on Butter for using the AQHA as an allie...don't think they would appreciate that.

peanutbutterskunk

Postby peanutbutterskunk » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:53 am

There's clinicians to learn from, from BOTH countries. If you don't want to go to a clinic taught by an American Maxine, then don't! Don't attack those of us who do. And last time I checked ALL rodeo event clinics are overpriced, including the clinicians in our backyards. My best friend attends dressage clinics with Olympic riders for less than half of most barrel clinics. Hope you can get your person up here without a hitch.
"Riding is a lot like nuts and bolts. if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts."

butter

Postby butter » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:13 am

maxine mckenna wrote:AND shame on Butter for using the AQHA as an allie...don't think they would appreciate that.

Obviously you don't know who I am and they do appreciate I use them as an allie as I organize and run AQHA shows in manitoba and 90% of our judges that WE HAVE TO USE are from south of the 49th. And you have yourself a nice day 8o)

maxine mckenna

Postby maxine mckenna » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:25 pm

Oh my! Here we go again with people saying you are ATTACKING them on this forum, when all you do is reply and give a factual opinioN...LOL! Girls...I am not dissing the American's, or YOU. I HAVE learned alot from American trainers: Ray Hunt, Monte Foreman, Billy Freeman, Buster Welch, Marlene Eddleman, Sharon Camarillo, Lynn McKenzie, Barb Loomis, Kay Davis, Lance Graves, Judy Myllamaki, Deb Bennett, to name a few. I have hosted clinics in AB, with some of these trainers, BUT I have ALWAYS had the paperwork in order with Canada Customs and Immigration. just saying...:) Please don't jump on by back again.

maxine mckenna

Postby maxine mckenna » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:36 pm

Butter: You are right! I have NO idea who you are...lol! And I really don't care...however...the generic letter you have is for AQHA JUDGES to come JUDGE in Canada...NOT for CLINICIANS to come teach here. There is a SHORTAGE of approved AQHA judges in Canada...there is NO shortage of CLINICIANS in Canada. That is Customs and Immigration's job to determine if an American Clinician is needed here, not yours.

Ben

Postby Ben » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:50 pm

Maxine how on earth do you type so well with no mistakes with such long claws? :)

maxine mckenna

Postby maxine mckenna » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:40 pm

Ben, u know my claws have good intentions. Have used them for you lotsa times...lol! :)
:)

miss_brook

Postby miss_brook » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:30 pm

Hmmm this is interesting.....btw, I work for Canada Border Services Agency....and I've learned alot today!
On the other hand, you need to have your clinician and judges contact Canada Immigration at the crossing they are using to find out what they need for paperwork. I suggest doing this the proper way.

sleeper

Postby sleeper » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:57 pm

I have had the experience of bringing a U.S. Clinician in regularly into Canada along with Judges. You need to utilize form 5517 (labour market opinion) along with form 5510(employment contract). This has to be done by the employer and can't be done on the US side. Once you have completed the forms you send them to service Canada for approval. Once you have an approval, your clinician needs to present the approval at the border to the immigration department and pay, I think it is $185 now to get their short term work permit. This is a condensed version. Regarding bringing judges up, I have taken this same approach but have recently found out that under our regulation judges require a letter only from the employer indicating what they are coming to judge, the time frame they are in Canada, their flight number etc. Hope this helps.

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”