Paint Barrel Racing Incentive Program

A great place to "stay tuned" - Forum for reference only, closed due to spam.

Moderator: Moderator

Smasha

Paint Barrel Racing Incentive Program

Postby Smasha » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:15 pm

Just wondering what everyones thoughts are on this program and if it would be worthwhile to have added money side pots at some of the bigger barrel races in Alberta and Saskatchewan for paint horses. I know that I would be interested because I have a couple of paint horses, but I just want to know everyone else's opinion.

Here are the rules I took off the APHA website:

ALL APHA registered horses foaled prior to January 1, 2013 will be allowed to participate in PBRIP.

ALL FOALS FOALED ON OR AFTER JANUARY 1, 2013 MUST COMPLY WITH ANY OF THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS TO BE ELIGIBLE.

2. ALL Regular registered horses foaled on or after January 1, 2013 will be allowed to participate in PBRIP.

3. ALL Solid Paint-Bred registered horses foaled on or after January 1, 2013 must have at least one Regular Registry Paint Horse in the first generation and at least one Regular Registry Paint Horse in the second generation OR two Regular Registry Paint Horses in the first generation.

ls

Re: Paint Barrel Racing Incentive Program

Postby ls » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:23 pm

As a breeder of paint running horse I would like to see any incentive that could further interest in them as barrel horses.
The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a human.

FC

Postby FC » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:32 pm

I would be very interested in getting this program going as I too, breed running bred paints. Keep me posted!!

zoomhorse

Postby zoomhorse » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:25 pm

If there is a paint horse incentive why would they not allow any Registered paint horse to run in it ?
If they register foals born after 2013 from two solid coloured parents why keep them from being able to running a paint horse barrel racing incentive ?

FC

Postby FC » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:11 am

I agree that they should be able to compete but this might be a APHA rule of some sort. More research is required I think.

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”