Advice wanted for NFR 2014

A great place to "stay tuned" - Forum for reference only, closed due to spam.

Moderator: Moderator

randle

Advice wanted for NFR 2014

Postby randle » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:52 pm

Hey All!! We are lookign at going to the NFR for our first time and I am looking for some advice, tips, info on best way to do it? Best place to buy tickets/packages? Best places to stay? When should we be buying our tickets, like now or do we have time still?? etc..We are wanting to go for the last part of it, 4-5 days or so. Any info would be great:))) :-D

casshausauer

Re: Advice wanted for NFR 2014

Postby casshausauer » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:31 pm

Hi Randle,

Start looking on Expedia for flight and hotel packages now, and check frequently. Last time I went (2012) we bought tickets in May. $650 included flight (1stop) and hotel room booked on double occupancy at the MGM for Thurs-Sunday.
I highly reccommend Expedia.
If you find something that you think will work for your budget, if you have one, book it, cause for all you know, prices could jump the next day!
Try searching all sorts of date combinations (ex: thurs-sun or mon-thurs etc), to see what would be cheapest and what would work for you. Direct flights will be more expensive, but I think worth it, stopping gets annoying.
I really enjoyed my stay at the MGM, they had autograph signings, the NRS shopping deal was attached to the MGM, its on the stip, but at the end, so even though its still busy, its not as busy as the middle of the strip. Also booking with MGM we got a free show at New York New York which was across the street.
Friends of mine have gone to the NFR about 6 times and they have stayed at Harrahs which is right on the strip, almost every time, and they love it. Ask around and check out pictures etc for what you would like best.
South Point is a 30$ cab ride from the strip, its small, its quiet, but its where they do the Gold Buckle presentations each night. I have stayed here twice, only because while there, the stock stayed there (Barrel Jackpot & PBR) I personally would NOT stay there for NFR, but I want to be where the action is, which is the strip.
If you like Chinese food, I highly reccommend the Red 8 which is at the Wynn. AMAZING. Joes Rock Crab at Ceasars Palace was also great, a little more pricey, and the Rio has an awesome all you can eat seafood buffet. Dicks is fun, its at Excalibur across from MGM, but you have to have a sense of humor.
Shopping; you could go to NFR and not see anything else in Vegas and just get caught up in shopping every day. ITs INSANE. if you have been to vegas before then maybe thats ok, but the 2012 trip was my first, and I wanted to see more than just booths. I cant remember which hotels had the best booths, I apologize.. I am sure someone else can help ya here! The convention centre had the biggest. Its a whole day in itself. Mandalay bay has one it was decent..
If you really want to go to the NFR to see if live and in person go ahead. We did. Tickets were about 140$ea and we were literally the last row in the place, and everyone looked like ants haha. The NFR is played everywhere, even on the ceiling in Fremont street, which I reccommend any Vegas traveler to go to. So thats another thing to decide on!
Hope some of this was helpful. IF I think of more I will come back and edit this post.
See ya in Vegas!
You get what you expect out of yourself, so always expect the BEST! - Lee Ann Rust

randle

Postby randle » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:23 pm

Thank you so much for the info:))) So where did you buy your actual NFR tickets?

Rapidfire21

Postby Rapidfire21 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:38 pm

Check http://www.allegiantair.com/ fly out of Great Falls, MT you can get flights for around $69 - $120 just got flights for April to Vegas for $69 down and $102 return flight. You can also get packages for hotel rooms and flights.

casshausauer

Postby casshausauer » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:03 pm

Oh gosh, I honestly do not remember.
Try Thomas & Macks own website? Or directly ask any friends that have gone!
You get what you expect out of yourself, so always expect the BEST! - Lee Ann Rust

sandy m

Postby sandy m » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:08 am

Have used Jason at Deserttickets.com every year. He's really helpful with the seating map, finds you the best deal.

runincanshuntnhounds

Postby runincanshuntnhounds » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:36 am

@Randle, if you dont mind me asking, what did you end up doing for the NFR? We're looking to go down for 2014 too but have never been before.

casshausauer

Postby casshausauer » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:22 pm

Also check out Bunniesbeaches with Travelonly on Facebook, or even message Wendy Bunney, she is a travel agent, and can seek out a great deal for you !

KLB

Postby KLB » Mon May 26, 2014 6:58 pm

I agree with Cassie on Wendy Bunney! She is an amazing travel agent, where ever you're travelling. Plus she's a horse person so she understands that sometimes we have to travel on budgets. lol Her email is bunneybeaches@gmail.com

I think it really depends on how you like 'to do' Vegas.

I love staying at the Flamingo personally! It's easy to sneak east on Flamingo Rd towards to the Thomas & Mack. Plus their valet is in the back so you don't have to go all the way to the strip when you come home. It's right across from Caesars Palace and in the middle of the action. You can get upgraded rooms or go a little cheaper. It's clean and nice. I maybe wouldn't consider it kid friendly though, there are better hotels if you have kids.

The SouthPoint is great but you're always driving or taking a cab! Those cab $$ add up unless you can find a shuttle. But they do have the team roping going on, great restaurants, great shopping and the buckle presentations.

I've also stayed at Hooters which is for when you are on a complete and utter budget and/or were supposed to leave Vegas and didn't and decided to stay and party for a couple more days. haha
"In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart."~ Author Unknown

Bunniesbeaches

Postby Bunniesbeaches » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:53 am

:Sun: NFR 2014 - Vegas

If anyone is interested in getting to the NFR 2014 in Vegas, if I can get at least 10 rooms to book, departing from EDM or CALGARY, I can put together a group quote probably via Westjet and hopefully save some folks some money? Would target the MGM and maybe Harrah's or Flamingo. I had a quote done back in April, but was maybe a bit too soon for anyone to book, but it was around $100 cheaper than a regular packaged rate. Would try for direct flights. send me an email - wbunney@travelonly.net

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”