Stallion Suggestions

A great place to "stay tuned" - Forum for reference only, closed due to spam.

Moderator: Moderator

abohn

Stallion Suggestions

Postby abohn » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:58 am

I'm looking to breed a Zan Parr Bar, Topsail Cody, Two Eyed Jack bred mare. I'd like to add size without losing her athletic cutter type build. (She's 14'3.) I'm looking for information on "run" bred stallions that pass on athletic ability but maintain easy to train disposition. I'd want a foal that is non pro friendly to train. Nominations are a bonus. Thanks in advance for the information!

jr

Re: Stallion Suggestions

Postby jr » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:17 am

With what you say my first choice would be Ninty Nine Goldmine. I bred my 14 hand docs hickory bred mare to him and love, love, love the filly I got this year out of her. She's going to be taller then her momma for sure but is maintaining her moms build. When I watch her move she is like a cat. Ive never heard anything bad about the minds on 99. All I've ever heard is how traineable and good minded they are for all levels. I actually plan to start my filly in the reining pen as a 3/4 year old before taking her to barrels. Anyway that's my pick. If you've never seen 99 in person he's gorgeous. Also if you want to resell down the road - holy cow his babies are worth a few $. If I were smart I'd be offering mine for sale. But for now I'm hanging on to her.

RanAmanRanch

Re: Stallion Suggestions

Postby RanAmanRanch » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:35 am

Check out my stallion...

Oh Tao Tie. he is a grey appendix bred stallion, i crossed him onto a more cow bred/foundation mare last year and he had a amazing filly, she isn't going to be super tall ( 15's) but she is catty and fast!.. They have easy trainable minds that are quick to learn and not a lot of fight no matter what you are trying to do.. they have big hips and straight legs

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”