Hoffman's Mineral Oil

A great place to "stay tuned" - Forum for reference only, closed due to spam.

Moderator: Moderator

cowgirldunnrite

Hoffman's Mineral Oil

Postby cowgirldunnrite » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:45 pm

I haven't ever used the mineral oil, but we do feed the regular Hoffman's mineral powder to some of our horses. I have a horse at home that has really bad feet for breaking & keeping shoes on. It really strengthened his feet. It also made his coat shiney & helped him stay in really good shape when I was rodeo'ing him every weekend. I can't tell you if the mineral oil is guaranteed to work, but we have had success with the minerals we've fed to horses. Hoffman's is well respected & I'd say it'd be worth a try... but that's my opinion. It doesn't hurt to try something b/c you'll never know if it works or not if you don't try it.
COWGIRL DUNN RITE

Boomer

Postby Boomer » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:52 pm

I have a horse with a bad shoulder and we give him glucosamine (sp) and MSM. It worked great. When he is one the stuff he does not even limp. I only used it for the summer when we use him more often.

huey

Postby huey » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:34 pm

We used to have an old rope horse that had been there done that. He came to us a little sore and stiff. After buting him for a few months to use him, we gave him some pureform GCL plus and in 3 days he was a different horse. Bucking and playing in the field, used to walk in for feed. Still buted him to haul him, ,not practice though. I think if it's gonna work, you'll see a difference in 10-14 days tops. Different if your using it for maintenance where you can't see a difference
Raising kids is like being pecked to death by a duck

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”