Old Faithful has gone crazy - Help

A great place to "stay tuned" - Forum for reference only, closed due to spam.

Moderator: Moderator

TS

Old Faithful has gone crazy - Help

Postby TS » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:09 am

I don't know if anyone has had this happen before, but my old faithful who is 15, and the sweatest gelding ever has seem to become a little aggressive these days.

He has never in his life for as long as I have owned him offered to kick or bite, and has never pulled back.

On Saturday, I could not catch him (which is weird), I cornered him finally, and he acted like he was terrified of me and then actually fired at me with both feet missing me by a very small margin (this is a first). I finally caught him and took him to the jackpot. First thing when I tied him up at my trailer he pulled back (another first). Later I walked away from him, and he actually pulled back and then came forward striking at me with his front feet and squeeling (another first). I was so shocked. He was good when I rode him. I moved him to my sisters Saturday night because the farrier is coming there, and when I went there last night he ran up to me and was himself looking for crunchies. He is not spoiled, and has always been a gentleman.

Someone told me if I have alsike clover in my field they have heard of this causing nervouse, aggressive behaviour. I did just move him into that field, but he has lived there ever fall and winter for the past 7 years.

Any insight?

TS

whoahorse

Postby whoahorse » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:18 pm

How is his eyesight?
You aren't wealthy until you have something money can't buy. Garth Brooks

TS

Postby TS » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:59 pm

His eyesight is good. I haven't had it checked or anything, but I don't see a change in it.

The only other change that he has had in life recently is the introduction of another gelding amongst him and my two mares. He was very aggressive at first, but now seems to be ok with the idea of having him there.

When I rode him, he was fine.

BGK

Postby BGK » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:07 pm

TS
You have a PM

Steph

Postby Steph » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:12 am

Maybe he has had an encounter with a Grizz at your place!!! lol
Every Day is a Good day!

porky

Postby porky » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:13 pm

Hey TS,

Just wondering if you were able to find anything wrong with him, if he is still acting the same, or if it resolved itself? Just in case I have to deal with this in the future, keep us posted please. Hope it he is not still being a goof. :)

Thank you

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”