ABRA Finals

A great place to "stay tuned" - Forum for reference only, closed due to spam.

Moderator: Moderator

kimberly

ABRA Finals

Postby kimberly » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:12 am

I heard that the abra finals might be moving to Medince Hat. What does everybody think of that idea??

I know for myself, I would have to consider it very hard to make a 8hr trip, and we take 2 outfits if spending 1,200 in fuel and travelling one whole solid day would be worth it. And I'm not all that far north were central what about you poor girls way up NORTH!
Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyways - John Wayne

I will not ask anything of my horse unless I'm pretty sure I can get it.. - John Lyons

Dally

Postby Dally » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:23 am

I know we won't be going. Too far, and too expensive. Hope this is wrong. :cry:
Speak your mind, even if your voice shakes.

mf

Postby mf » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:28 am

Would it be in the arena where the have the pro rodeo?

weder

Postby weder » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:28 am

I would definitely not be going. It might be different if I was hauling a seasoned horse, but I would be hauling a young horse and it's definitely not worth it then. I also would be taking 2 rigs as I don't have a living quarters trailer. Either that or pay $100/night for a hotel room. Nope, can't see myself going. I really hope it's just a rumor and not true!

kimberly

Postby kimberly » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:31 am

I just heard it from my district leader, and that is what they are thinking of doing is having it there, I think it's pretty crazy! lol. She mentioned that it would not be in the pro rodeo one, but another one that is bigger but she didn't know how big it was or anything like that. It's not for sure yet, but they are highly considering it unless us girls don't make a huge stink about it!

The reason they are thinking of that is becasue of the parking at Camrose but I think alot of us girls would figure something out and make it work for parking we did last year! lol
Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyways - John Wayne

I will not ask anything of my horse unless I'm pretty sure I can get it.. - John Lyons

Missy

Postby Missy » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:33 am

If it is in the arena where they have the pro rodeo, it is a really small pattern -- 12 seconds actually. I am not sure how you would put two patterns in there???
woman who behave don't make history!!

Missy

Postby Missy » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:36 am

If they are thinking of moving it because of the parking, Medicine Hat does not have more room than Camrose. JMO. For both the spring and the summer rodeo there are "parking restrictions" and it is pretty crowded. There would be 3-4 times the outfits there for the ABRA than for the rodeo. I do not know where they would put them.
woman who behave don't make history!!

amberw

Postby amberw » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:47 am

Just a reminder that I'm sure the board is trying to do what is best for the ABRA. Definitely give your district director a call to voice your opinion but also try to come up with solutions. Help them with securing a venue that is appropriate rather than just complain about what they pick.

JJ

Postby JJ » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:48 am

Well I am always excited for change. IMO the ABRA has outgrown Camrose and if there is a bigger facility willing to host the finals great!
I also think that the finals should move every other year. It's been in the central location for a long time. The North and South should be able to have a chance to host the finals. I'm just glad that someone put a bid in because wasn't it too long ago that there were no bids for the finals??
I will be going. :)

chunkytunkes

Postby chunkytunkes » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:58 am

The arena size would be the same as camrose 100x200. There is tons of parking in Medicine Hat. The field north of the paved parking lot goes to the river. Out in that area there are some spots with power & water in 2 seperate locations, as well as the campground behind the field house. It also has an amazing shower house with about 12 showers in it, as well as the bathrooms with showers in the campground.All stalling would be on dirt or grass including the 206 permanent inside stalls. depending on how fast you drive, it takes me 71/2 hr. from medicine hat to edson, it takes my husband 61/2hrs for the same trip. From camrose to M.H. it takes about 41/2 hr. including stops.
Losers say " Why don't they do something? "
Winners say " Here's something I can do. "

JJ

Postby JJ » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:58 am

[quote="amberw"]Just a reminder that I'm sure the board is trying to do what is best for the ABRA. Definitely give your district director a call to voice your opinion but also try to come up with solutions. Help them with securing a venue that is appropriate rather than just complain about what they pick.[/quote]

Well said! I highly trust the board for making the best decision for the ABRA. I know they wouldn't pick just any venue. They will definatley make sure it is suitable.

bjmom1

Postby bjmom1 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:39 pm

If anyone has a venue that would give a quote, I would suggest you have them email the quote in to the ABRA sec. At this time there is only 2 quotes on the table and both have the facilities to accomadate the ABRA.
The iniciative has been taken to give us another option other than the CRE. At least we have an option, and it sounds like a good one.

AJU

Postby AJU » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:42 pm

I am 1 hr from Medicine Hat and was not going to buy memberships for myself and my two daughters. If it is held in Medicine Hat I will definately buy a membership. I cannot travel 4 hrs to Camrose and spend close to a week away from home. I think it would be nice for a change and what kind of new sponsorship will it bring in from the south??
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy -Ray Hunt

JJ

Postby JJ » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:47 pm

When will the official decision be made of where it is held?
Soon.... I hope :-D

Dawn

Finals

Postby Dawn » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:57 pm

I think Medicine Hat would be a nice change. IMO Camrose wasn't the most generous town for all the money that the ABRA brings into the area businesses. I think everybody expects the same thing every year and I know that it is pretty expensive to hold it up there and each year you lose more space to their expansions. I would pick Medicine Hat over Camrose. It also doesn't seem to rain in Medicine Hat as much! :-)

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”