Breathing

A great place to "stay tuned" - Forum for reference only, closed due to spam.

Moderator: Moderator

cdn_cowgirl85

Breathing

Postby cdn_cowgirl85 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:49 am

I know this has prob been on here a million and one times but My young barrel horse lately is having alot of trouble with the weather changing. The dust etc. She isn't sick I had her checked by the vet and he said she might have mild COPD. So i'm looking for is something to try to give to her to help her breathe better and clear her lungs out. Ive been looking at respi-free omega alpha but wondering what else is out there? It is now starting to Effect her performance alot, Help me Plz!!!!!!!! thanks :-?
You are a great champion When you ran the ground shook The sky opened and mere mortals parted Parted the way to victory Where you will meet me in the winners circle Where I will lay a blanket of flowers on your back.
Cal Crane (Dreamer)

foxylena

Re: Breathing

Postby foxylena » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:54 am

I have one that gets the same way as your horse. I use the Air Power by Finish Line. It is very reasonably priced and you can get it at Greenhawk. There are alot of other products out there and I am sure that they work just as good - for me is was the easy one to get.
REALITY CONTINUES TO RUIN MY LIFE!

chunkytunkes

Postby chunkytunkes » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:25 pm

We have used both products listed above & have been happy with the results of both products,
Losers say " Why don't they do something? "
Winners say " Here's something I can do. "

twofastandfurious

Postby twofastandfurious » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:44 am

Zev is a great product that helps with coughs and helps opent he airways. You give it orally.
Go Big or Go Home!

chunkytunkes

Postby chunkytunkes » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:13 am

we found the air power great for horses that breathe really heavy (asthma etc.) really helps open the airways
the alpha omega respi free we've been using on a horse that seems to get allergy like symptoms runny ,gucky eyes, clear drippy nose etc. and the respi free really clears him up we only use it for about a month then he's good for the summer.
We've also had good luck with zev for a horse with a dry cough and no other symptoms, he cleared right up
Losers say " Why don't they do something? "

Winners say " Here's something I can do. "

unise

Postby unise » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:48 am

the Omega products are great but before you put the respi-free in her regiment i would use the Lung Flush it works wonders to clear them out! i have a 18 yr old gelding who previously to owning had a case of the heeves and due to this its affected his breathing every spring i have been doing the Alpha Omega Lung Flush treatment and then throughout the season i put him on Resi-Free and it works really well

Or if you looking for a not so natural method Ventapolmen (Spelling??) works WONDERS on the $$ side though
you could also try Zev its like Buckles for horses (YUK!!!)

cdn_cowgirl85

Postby cdn_cowgirl85 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:46 am

Thanks everyone, we do use vetopalmen on an old mare we have at the farm and zev but i just like to use that stuff when its really really bad!! I'm going to try the omega alpha lung flush and respi free!!
You are a great champion When you ran the ground shook The sky opened and mere mortals parted Parted the way to victory Where you will meet me in the winners circle Where I will lay a blanket of flowers on your back.

Cal Crane (Dreamer)

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”