pee wee age

A great place to "stay tuned" - Forum for reference only, closed due to spam.

Moderator: Moderator

monica

pee wee age

Postby monica » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:21 am

What do you think should be done with people who enter their client or child in the pee wee barrel race knowing they are 15 years of age. Also telling child to lie about age???????

CM

Re: pee wee age

Postby CM » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:38 am

I think the person who entered the peewee and the peewee themselves should be banned from competing for a certain period of time in the association they misrepresented themselves in. :naughty:

DRW

Postby DRW » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:37 pm

EXCUSE ME?????????? Are you serious???????????? Pee wee is like either 10 and under or 8 and under.

I guess everybody should have to show a birth certificate.

Wow, that is just ridicoulous. I have no idea why someone would try that. Especially with youth 3-d jackpot now, there is no reason for it.

monica

Postby monica » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:33 pm

I think yesterday was the 3rd time.

katfav

Postby katfav » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:47 pm

That is just sad. It is supposed to be for fun and people like that just take all of the fun out of it.

DRW

Postby DRW » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:53 pm

I don't get it! My daughter could of ran pee wee yesterday, she's 10. She runs in the junior and open. I guess it depends on how good you want to be.

I think when they pay fees or buy there card they must show there birth certificates. That's a rule at any rodeo, so nobody should be offended. It's not really fair for the younger girls to compete against 15 years old. I guess some people have to win at all costs, no matter who gets hurt, pretty sad :cry:

hsr mom

Postby hsr mom » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:12 pm

I agree when you buy your cards you have to put your age ..
Is this girl competitive ? if so then she definitely need to be in youth,, maybe she is not and fits best in pee wee but they must understand the rules and age divison.. otherwise if it's only for fun and confidence.. pay 5 bucks and go in exhibtion .
beth veldhuis

some people are lke slinkies
not really good for anything,
but they still bring a smile to your face,
when you push them down a flight of stairs...

TS

Postby TS » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:49 am

That is very sad that a mother would teach their young child to lie. You can't blame that child when they have a mother that is teaching them that it is ok behaviour. Does the mother compete as well. It is the mother that should be blacklisted. If you know without a doubt the age of this child, you have to nip it in the but. Ask for proof, and then take action.

Also, just a reminder that you have to pick what division you are going to run in at the beginning of the year for ABRA. A youth can not compete in both the youth and open. Not saying I agree, but when I was the district rep, I had to deal with this with a family that just did not know.

TS

Paige

Postby Paige » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:23 pm

Ok not to make ANYONE mad here, but I know the girl who is being talked about and just to let everyone know Yes she is 15 but she is MENTALLY HANDICAPPED(not an excuse), she only functions at a 11 maybe 12 year old, and it is not right what she did but SHE has entered herself at every jackpot(not understanding age groups). This is the first time anyone has asked her her age and that she is to old for the pee wees, she is not competitive in the pee wees nor would she be in the jr's(youth). So I guess letting her run in the pee wees is wrong but for her confidence I can't see the problem, she has not won any money in the pee wees out of the 4 jackpots and at these jackpots we don't have time onlys so that is not an option, this girl didn't even know how to ride a horse a year ago and still can't ride a bike(not that that matters) just wanted you to know what was going on.
Yes this has been dealt with and she has been told she has to now run in the jr's.
If I'm wrong this is My Opinion on the matter.

Hope everyone enjoys the great day we are having.
Paige

:Sun:

TS

Postby TS » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:37 pm

That does shed a little bit more light on the situation. I think in this case, you would still have to follow the rules, and have her ride in the youth. It sounds like she understands this now, and things have been cleared up. Pee Wees in most cases are as competitive as the youth, so she will still be able to have as good of a chance with the 3 Divisions. It sounds like this is quite an accomplishment for her to be riding at all, so I recind my negative comment towards her mother, and say kudos to you. I guess this is why it is good to know the whole story before having an opinion. My Bad! :naughty:

Sailor

Postby Sailor » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:11 pm

I think that the person that is making a big deal out of this situation should be ashamed of themselves.....especially when dealing with a Mentally Challenged individual. There is probably a reason that the mother of this child has decided to enter the child in the Pee Wee division.

And given the circumstance I think that it should be over looked as it is a special situation....and instead of critisising the mother and the child, maybe try cheering the child on, giving her all of the encouragement and confidence that you can!
Unless this Child is threatening your little Sally's chance to win a saddle or take home a pay check I wouldnt worry about it!

There has got to be more that you can do with your time then worry about whether a Mentally Handicapped Child is following the RULES.

JMO

Paige

Postby Paige » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:47 pm

Also to let you know this girl is a foster child. Her foster mother drops her off to ride and then comes and picks her up, so this girl has no home support. The only support she has is her instructor and the friends she has that she rides with.

I hope this sheds more light on the matter.

Paige

What a great weather we had today!!!

randa

Postby randa » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:55 pm

Paige wrote:Also to let you know this girl is a foster child. Her foster mother drops her off to ride and then comes and picks her up, so this girl has no home support. The only support she has is her instructor and the friends she has that she rides with.

I hope this sheds more light on the matter.

Paige

What a great weather we had today!!!

And her instructor has been barrel racing long enough to know the rules on peewees and jr's. And to say that she didn't know the age of the little girl is crap!
It didn't happen just one time, it has been the last 3 events....
You can only have one thought at a time, will it be positive or negative?

randa

Postby randa » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:59 pm

Sailor wrote:I think that the person that is making a big deal out of this situation should be ashamed of themselves.....especially when dealing with a Mentally Challenged individual. There is probably a reason that the mother of this child has decided to enter the child in the Pee Wee division.

And given the circumstance I think that it should be over looked as it is a special situation....and instead of critisising the mother and the child, maybe try cheering the child on, giving her all of the encouragement and confidence that you can!
Unless this Child is threatening your little Sally's chance to win a saddle or take home a pay check I wouldnt worry about it!

There has got to be more that you can do with your time then worry about whether a Mentally Handicapped Child is following the RULES.

JMO

So if Jane, 25 years old, just started barrel racing and she is a little mentally handicap wants to enter should we let her enter the jr's?

AS for the rest of it I will let Monica stand up for herself on that. Good Luck Sailor! :-D
You can only have one thought at a time, will it be positive or negative?

Sailor

Postby Sailor » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:08 pm

I dont know the girl, I am thinking of a child with downs etc.....you wouldnt expect them to compete in the Regular Olympics for example...there is special olympics.

I dont think that there is Special Barrel Racing

Not knowing the circumstance I am going to shut up now....but please dont discourage any child from wanting to ride and have fun....especially if it is hard for them already!

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”