Pop Up Barrels and Timers

A great place to "stay tuned" - Forum for reference only, closed due to spam.

Moderator: Moderator

NorthernCwgrl

Pop Up Barrels and Timers

Postby NorthernCwgrl » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:03 pm

Just wondering what your thoughts are on the pop-up barrels for use at home? Just wondering if you though they were good, bad, durable, easily tip over, etc. Also, if you have a set where did you pick them up at and price? So far ive found one set i can order from the US.

Also, what type/brand of timers are you using? Ive seen teh FarmTek brand. ANy other good ones?

Thanks
Steph

Michele

Re: Pop Up Barrels and Timers

Postby Michele » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:40 pm

My hubby got my pop-up barrels at Irvine's in Crossfield. I think they were about $180. As far as tipping over, just put rocks or dirt in the bottom. I don't know how durable they would be if they were left outside all the time. Hope that helps.
Horses are a perfect metaphor for life: there are no guarantees and virtually no limits. - Jane Savoie

NorthernCwgrl

Postby NorthernCwgrl » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:33 pm

Thanks Michele- i wouldnt have any plans to leave them out all the time esp being pop up and lightweight for the most part and easily movable + storage! Just wondered what the overall consensus on them was!
Thanks again
Steph

Give Me Dash

Postby Give Me Dash » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:27 pm

I bought my Pop Up Barrels from Seventeenflat.com (from the US), they are the origanal makers of them, and I think that they were either $135, or $145.

palamino

Postby palamino » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:34 pm

I know if you buy them on line from seventeen flat the shipping is crazy because they weigh 25 pds and there is 18% duty on the barrels. So Irvines is actually cheaper. They are made the same weighted but a it bigger in diameter more like a real barrel oh yah and don't forget about the us exange rate... :D

randa

Postby randa » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:24 am

I have a set of the pop-ups and I just leave them up in our indoor arena. They are great. BUT hang on the first time your horse hits it and it makes a funny noise, bends but doesnt fall over. LOL :shock:

Irvine's is the best place, for the best price in Canada. Not sure what shipping would be on them but you will be better off than dealing with shipping and duty and the exchange rate from the US.
You can only have one thought at a time, will it be positive or negative?

NorthernCwgrl

Postby NorthernCwgrl » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:00 am

Okay, Thanks everyone!

Steph

katfav

Postby katfav » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:34 pm

I bought some from www.seventeenflat.com and they were about $140USD and $50 shipping but worth every penny. They are so much more convenient to throw up and take down instead of setting up plastic or other barrels everytime.

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”