ABRA Membership R'qd for added $$ jackpots

A great place to "stay tuned" - Forum for reference only, closed due to spam.

Moderator: Moderator

HoofHearted

Re: ABRA Membership R'qd for added $$ jackpots

Postby HoofHearted » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:30 pm

I agree with the fee to non-members. If anyone else without a membership wants to attend then they should pay a fee plain and simple. If pros want to use these jackpots to season or train their horse then all the power to them. Just dont come in there with your rodeo horse and hide behind the "im just training" fasad. I have seen first hand ladies do this at other associations and there was alot of unhappy members that lost out on money they try hard to earn as well!!

randa

Postby randa » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:54 pm

HoofHearted wrote:I agree with the fee to non-members. If anyone else without a membership wants to attend then they should pay a fee plain and simple. If pros want to use these jackpots to season or train their horse then all the power to them. Just dont come in there with your rodeo horse and hide behind the "im just training" fasad. I have seen first hand ladies do this at other associations and there was alot of unhappy members that lost out on money they try hard to earn as well!!

So.....I should not be allowed to bring my rodeo horse to the jackpot tomorrow .....I am sorry but if I pay my fees and I abide by the rules then I can run WHATEVER horse I feel like running- whether it be my rodeo horse, futurity horse or current project!!

Yes, you are entitled to your on opinion but you made some pretty bold statements and I FEEL like you are hiding behind your name (which I laugh now everytime I read it thanks to Brook!!).
You can only have one thought at a time, will it be positive or negative?

Karla

Postby Karla » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:56 pm

Just because some of these girls run pro doesnt mean that they shouldnt be able to come to the ABRA jackpots on their pro horses, a lof of the ameture girls are just as tough and we still see them entering and winning these jackpots, there are some girls who dont rodeo that should be, that are just as tuff as the pro girls and they only go to the abra...u cant control who enters an abra jackpot and on what horse if you dont like that you have to run agains the pro girls, then dont go!!! Simple as that!!!

mf

Postby mf » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:57 pm

HoofHearted are you saying just because you have a pro membership that you can’t run anywhere else??? Did you ever consider that many girls have smokin horses that win allot of jackpots that don’t hold pro card?? Some girls have great horses but life factures don’t allow them to rodeo???
ABRA is great association for ALL levels of competition, which is why there is a 1D, 2D, 3D???
Where are girls/guys suppose to get some runs in before rodeo season???
Let’s broaden our horizons and remember we are only as good as our competition.
8o)

beckers5

Postby beckers5 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:59 pm

All I have to say is... It seems like we have a small group of the same people that keep coming up on these forums bashing directors, other members (or non-members), and groups of people (like the pro girls) in general and that is not what a forum is for, nor is it the opinion of the main bulk of the population. Yes it is for people to state their opinions, but not to try and single out those that they feel don't belong. The fact of the matter is that if you don't like it, take the time you spend on here and use it to organize your own jackpot with your own rules. JMO. What we should do is discuss the matter at hand, and I do agree with the fee for anyone who is a non-member (be it Sally Joe barrel racer or Lyndsey Sears) because it gives people incentive to support ABRA by buying a membership. Its only $65 so it pays for itself in 1 or 2 added money jackpots. :-D

HoofHearted

Postby HoofHearted » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:03 pm

That is the issue here beckers5 and you hit the nail right on the head.

tbatch

Postby tbatch » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:04 pm

I feel that the better the competition, just means the better the barrel racing. I not only encourage the top barrel racers to come as well as the "weekend warriors" that was quoted earlier and the ladies starting colts and everywhere in between, but the Double $$ is set up so there is just a little more money paid to the 1-D. Which I truly believe gives a little more incentive to get your horses and yourselves more competitive. After all, isn't everybody in it to better themselves and their ponies, have some fun and maybe make a little money at the same time?

Dino03

Postby Dino03 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:46 pm

Hoofhearted, its you who went of course of what this topic was about and managed to piss alot of people off in the meantime with your immature comments about pro barrel racers. Maybe you should take the time you spend on here bashing them, outside improving your horse and yourself so one day you can compete with them! JMO of course!

lgoodwin

Postby lgoodwin » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:52 pm

OH MY!!! You can not dictate to people.... where they can ride or cannot ride....( by the card they have or don't have .) and what horse they can or cannot run because they might have there open horse that is hiding behind the trailer . That is called Dictatership!!! If that were to be allowed what do you think would happen??
Charging a fee is something totally diffrent . People have a chioce to go and pay a fee or become a member.

riddenhardputawaywet

Postby riddenhardputawaywet » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:04 pm

From an outsiders perspective...

As far as non-members fees are concerned, I believe that $25 at an added money event is reasonable AND a $5/$10/$15 non member fee charge at other jackpots. Although it may be an administrative nightmare, any non member fee paid should also go towards you members fee if you decide to join. This gives 3 options, buy a membership and support the organization, pay a non member fee or don't go.

As far as the "Pro's" running I think competition is great and should improve everyone. However, I could not think of another sport where "pros" would compete with amateurs in this way? Can anyone?

randa

Postby randa » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:09 pm

There is no other sport to even compare to. It is like apples and oranges. We are the only sport that is a pay to play.

And it is not the Pros who dictate where their members can go it is the other associations. And we need to remember this is a jackpot association. I love any where that I can go have fun, socialize, and barrel race. It is NOT about the money because anyone who jackpots knows that is not a profitable venture.
Come on you guys lets get together this. Geez...so much drama over nothing, nothing....
You can only have one thought at a time, will it be positive or negative?

tbatch

Postby tbatch » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:12 pm

Jake Barnes and Clay O'Brien Cooper took the P.R.C.A to court in the early 80's because they as pro cowboys were not allowed to go to the amatuer rodeos and they won. They said because rodeo was their line of work, that they were being refused the right to work. There are a couple amateur associations in Canada that allow full pro card holders to compete at their rodeos as long as they have their perspective memberships.

DRW

Postby DRW » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:23 pm

Dino03 wrote:Hoofhearted, its you who went of course of what this topic was about and managed to piss alot of people off in the meantime with your immature comments about pro barrel racers. Maybe you should take the time you spend on here bashing them, outside improving your horse and yourself so one day you can compete with them! JMO of course!

BRAVO!!! 8o) 8o) 8o) my words exactly, jealousy doesn't look good. Too many people in this world try to bash people that are good, maybe you should put the time and effort into it like they do!! They didn't get there by sitting on there butts.

If you don't someday want to be as good as them, that's fine there's lots of people that just do it for fun, and that's cool, that is why it is a 3-d system.

Marissa

Postby Marissa » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:30 pm

:whiteflag: :whiteflag: Lets just all go barrel race and leave those who are worried about the competition at home 8o)
You can ride a fast horse slow, but you can't ride a slow horse fast!

twofastandfurious

Postby twofastandfurious » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:37 pm

So how bout the weather we are having.... :wink:
And good luck to all who get to go barrel race somewhere this weekend.
Go Big or Go Home!

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”