Saddle Pads

A great place to "stay tuned" - Forum for reference only, closed due to spam.

Moderator: Moderator

cowhorse1

Saddle Pads

Postby cowhorse1 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:02 am

I have a six year old mare that has a fairly defined wither and quite a bit of muscling on either side of her withers and on top of her scapula. I have a fairly wide Teskey barrel saddle that seems to fit her well everywhere except on either side of her wither where it is leaving dry marks and rubbed hair about the size of the palm of my hand. I ride quite a few different horses and can’t afford to buy a saddle for each of them but would like to buy a good quality saddle pad that will help the saddle fit her better. Has anyone else had a similar problem? I would love to hear any suggestions you might have.

cisco

Re: Saddle Pads

Postby cisco » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:44 am

Have you tried the Classic Equine ESP Contoured pad? We use it for our higher withered horses. It has memory foam on both sides, without building up the height of the wither. The memory foam really conforms to the horse and seems to really fit a lot of horses. They're really good quality pads that stand up to a ton of rides! The contoured shape also allows them to sit on a high-withered horse and still fit down on the back properly. I highly recommend trying one. I've never had any dry spots or rubbing with this pad.
until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened

casshausauer

Postby casshausauer » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:47 am

Have you ever heard of Saddle Right Saddle Pads? They are definitely worth a look :)

http://www.baroverbar.ca/index.php/prod ... right-pads
You get what you expect out of yourself, so always expect the BEST! - Lee Ann Rust

3canracer

Postby 3canracer » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:04 pm

Check out the Clinton Anderson PRS (pressure relief system) saddle pads. Thats what I use and I don't get dry spots anymore. They are made by classic equine and you order them off his web site-just google his name. They are expensive but worth it!

huey

Postby huey » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:50 am

Also use the Classic ESP and have a couple Impact gels as well as 5 stars. We have a range haha, but ride a lot of different built horses.
Raising kids is like being pecked to death by a duck

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”