best barrel racing saddle pads

A great place to "stay tuned" - General discussion and a great place to learn new things!

Moderator: Moderator

Carmen

Re: best barrel racing saddle pads

Postby Carmen » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:14 am

I also have a csi pad and like it. Another pad that is really nice is the Wade saddle pad. I have used one and actually have one coming and they are super nice. Both pads seem to make a bad fitting saddle fit much better. Both the csi and the wade are more expensive than the wool pads, but I personally believe they are worth it. Another wool pad that I have used and like are the best eve pads.
Luck; it's what is left over, after you give one hundred percent.

hsr mom

Postby hsr mom » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:15 pm

opinions on Won pads ?
beth veldhuis

some people are lke slinkies
not really good for anything,
but they still bring a smile to your face,
when you push them down a flight of stairs...

randa

Postby randa » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:06 pm

Carmen wrote:I also have a csi pad and like it. Another pad that is really nice is the Wade saddle pad. I have used one and actually have one coming and they are super nice. Both pads seem to make a bad fitting saddle fit much better. Both the csi and the wade are more expensive than the wool pads, but I personally believe they are worth it. Another wool pad that I have used and like are the best eve pads.

I agree, Carman.
I am a dealer for both CSI and Best Ever and love them 8o) The Best Ever can be ordered in either a felt or wool so you have a choice and they are very reasonable in price.
I also have a Wade pad and love it - they actually start out pretty reasonable on price but go up the fancier you want it.
You can only have one thought at a time, will it be positive or negative?

Kim A.

Postby Kim A. » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:02 pm

We have used the Won pads - they are nice but I only like to use them for short periods of time as I feel they don't wick mositure away from the horse and they seem to hold heat in more than a wool pad. We have a couple of the 5 Stars wool pads - excellent results.

Jody Bougerolle

Postby Jody Bougerolle » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:06 pm

I am a gel pad believer...I do use a thin hospital felt underneath, and change it about 3 times a year.

I watched them fire a ball at an air ride pad in vegas and watched the ball jump just as high as if they fired it at concrete. Then they fired it at a gel pad, did not even bounce a third of the way. Never had back issues.

I have heard that the 5 stars are amazing... Might have to ask Santa for one :)
The road to success is filled with a lot of messy first barrels

randa

Postby randa » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:31 pm

Okay so Jody....LOL here is a question for you :)
(and I do have a couple Gel Pads so it is not that I don't use them)

Have you ever seen the gel molds that they use for the demos (it is not in the pad)? When you push on it with your finger or something hard it moves away from the pressure? So if your saddle has a pressure point would it not move away from that?
I do think the Impact Gels are a good quality pad BUT I do feel that all pads that are made of a good quality felt or wool will suffice :)

Jody Bougerolle

Postby Jody Bougerolle » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:57 am

Can't say , never tried it, I know that there are no compression points on the one that I have used, but Maybe it all depends on saddle fit too?

I agree a good wool pad will suffice, I was just lucky enough to have someone buy me the gel pad :)
The road to success is filled with a lot of messy first barrels

porky

Postby porky » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:11 am

I have used a lot of differnt pads....impact gel, pro choice, contour, felt, csi, best ever......But since using a 5 star I am soooo pleased. I love everything about them. I use a much thinner pad in a 5 star than i was using in my other pads, I feel closer to contact with my horses back, the virgin wool is healthier for their back and they really hold their shape nice while still being soft. I think Im addicted to them now. I still use my impact gel for roping but as soon as i can afford to replace them I will have all 5 stars in my barn.

CanCrasher

Postby CanCrasher » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:39 pm

Does anyone know where the best place to buy here or order a 5 star from? I might just have to try one though i have not had any problems with my impact gel pads. I have always heard great things about the 5 star! :-D

Marissa

Postby Marissa » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:43 pm

CanCrasher wrote:Does anyone know where the best place to buy here or order a 5 star from? I might just have to try one though i have not had any problems with my impact gel pads. I have always heard great things about the 5 star! :-D

I've purchased all mine from Diamond N in Stettler. Best prices I've seen :-D
You can ride a fast horse slow, but you can't ride a slow horse fast!

zoomhorse

Postby zoomhorse » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:29 pm

high plains ranch supply sells them at a good price and they ship anywhere, check their website or pm for their phome number..

laci_suitor

Postby laci_suitor » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:48 pm

Ha ha, well Im certainly torn now on whether I should go with a 5 star pad or splurge on a CSI pad :-? ...Im trying to solve a problem with a horse that gets a bit sore in the lumbar/loin area. So, need to decide which pad would be the best for correcting this soreness :?:

randa

Postby randa » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:46 am

laci_suitor wrote:Ha ha, well Im certainly torn now on whether I should go with a 5 star pad or splurge on a CSI pad :-? ...Im trying to solve a problem with a horse that gets a bit sore in the lumbar/loin area. So, need to decide which pad would be the best for correcting this soreness :?:

Can't go wrong with a 30 day money back quarantee, can you? If you don't like the CSI pad you have 30 days to try it and still get your money back. 8o)

leocanchaser

Postby leocanchaser » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:20 am

have a horse that gets sore in the loin area if I don't use my CSI pad. I have the 5 star, the classic equine contured esp pad, and have tried others, but the only one i had luck with was the CSI. with that being said, good luck :-D
~~Winning is when oppourtunity and preperation meet. Then you win.~~

laci_suitor

Postby laci_suitor » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:54 pm

Thanks ladies, appreciate the input. And you have an excellent point Randa! ha ha. Better make some $$$ this weekend! LOL

Return to “The Round Pen ~ Discussion”